AVIC411.com

HI I have been reading these pages and i tried everything to get my buddys f90(us) back to life i downloaded the f90 files from wiki but still nothing the unit powers on to a black screen when i put in the sd it goes to windows but i cant get the start button or the top buttons for some reason after i recalibrate the screen thru windows setting it works fine but when i shut it down and go in to test mode again it loses the calibration so i transferred the files from wiki after deleting everything fom the flash but still nothing it powers on to a black screen and if i hit map the disclaimer comes on and thats it. I know i probably have to resett the system thru the service mode but i cant find anywhere to download it from.

There's two threads in the hacks section that contain downloads for the 3.0 firmware and maps...

Yes I have tried everything i tried first the 2.0 from pioneers site then i tried the 2.0 from this site then i tried the 3.0 but nothing seems to work .

Here is what i do

i go to set up - update wince this says 100 written press reset button I hit reset and it boots in to windows

next i delete everything from my flash drive when it is empty i go to the file called my flash drive i open it and i highlight all the contents and copy it in to my flash drive - it actually copies everything it takes about 25 minutes then i shut the power off and restart but all i get is a blank screen.

on a side note before i exit windows i clicked on a few folders so the apl folders have everything in them but the files gpspara and calibration e.t.c. say no files associated.

also when i rebbot and go back to testmode i have to recalibrate each time to be able to use the start and file/edit butons.

CAN ANYONE HELP

OK I GOT IT WORKING YEAH!

After 3 frustrating days I finally got it back. Now knowing how frustrating it gets when you have to look around everywhere for bits and peices ill post here what I did to restore the f90bt from powering on to a blank screen back to original factory setting. (reposting stuff from this site)

1) First download all this stuff to new folders on your computer when you press download hit save not run

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... 90BT?tab=F find your model # and download update in to a new folder and name it F90 UPDATE (or whatever ur model #is).

2) Download this Testmode download/file.php?id=7376 put this in a new folder and name it testmode.

3) Download this http://www.4shared.com/file/105507086/7 ... 9984.htmlb

(again when downloading press save not run) put this in a new folder name it FIX.

4) Download the backup files for your model here ftp://www.turboss.com/ username is avicuser password is Avic411(make sure you put a capitol A ) make a new folder and name it F90 BACKUP.

Now make sure you have all these saved on your computer in seperate folders named the way i named them so you will know which folder to use again when you download all of these press save not run.

Now if you have 3 sd cards you could load them all up or if you only have 1 do what i did you load up 1 go to the car load it up then you come back to the computer and empty everything and go to the next step. Make sure you have at least a 2 gb sd card and formatted in fat 32 (most sd cards come like that).

5) Go to the file named F90 and extract it to a new folder and name this folder EXTRACTED F90.

6 ) Go the folder EXRACTED F90 click on F-SERIES FIRMWARE UPDATE then click on LPUE080 then click on PLT you should have 2 files here WINCEIMG.BIN and WINCEIMG.CKS right click and copy them both in to your SD card.

Check your sd card there should be nothing except those 2 files on there (make sure they are visible on the root in your sd card not in a folder.

7)Go to your car power up the f90 then press the reset button while pressing the map menu and eject button all at the same time then let go of the reset button after about 10 seconds while still holding the other 3 you should hear the system eject trying to eject or a popping sound let go of the eject button you should now see a blue screen that says to reset. now use the voloume knob and enter this passcode UP-UP-DOWN-MENU BOTTON-LEFT-RIGHT

you should now see a little menu on top of the screen insert the sd card and press the top item in the menu (upgrade wince) make sure you hit the correct items THIS IS VERY CRITICAL then press update from sdcard format

on the bottom it should be updating wait till it says writing 100 percent press reset now shut off you car and take out the sd card and go back to your computer.

8 )Go to the folder that we named EXTRACTED F90 click on the F-SERIES FIRMWARE UPDATE copy the folders LPUE080 and TTS and paste them in your sd card you should now have only those 2 folders on the root of your sd card put it in your f90 while it is off then start your car it should start updating by itself in about a minute or 2 when its finished shut your car off and take out sd card go back to your computer and empty everything off the sd card.

9)Go to the folder we named TESTMODE and extract it on to the sd card.

10)Go to the file we named FIX and open it you will see 2 files 1 says text at the end and 1 says img at the end you only need the 1that says img -extract that to your sd card.now you should have on the root of your sd cars 2 things testmode and the nn746ucsdmc file .

11)Go to your car put the sd card in while power is off then start car wait 2 minutes it should go in to windows by itself.

now first calibrate your screen by going to device manager / display / stylus/recalibrate. and x out to main screen.

next press start and fom the sub open DISKRW then change the dot from read to WRITE then click on the top dropdown menu and click on SDMLC then click on the button that has 3 little dots on it (...) now look for your sd card and click on the nn7 file and click WRITE now wait till its complete running all the stuff then x out of all the windows and shut off you car. go back to your computer and empty the sd card.

12)Go to the folder we named F90 BACKUP open it you should see a bunch of folders select all and copy go to your sd card and paste them on.( there is a testmode in there so no need to put one on just make sure that the folders go in the root of the sd card not in the folder named backup you should have a total of 23 items on the root of the sd card.

13)Put the sd card in the f90 while power is off start the car wait for it to go in to windows then hit start from the sub hit explorer then click on your sd card then click edit and select all and copy press start again / explorer and open the flash drive press edit and paste ( if it gives a warning about exceeding memory just press yes) then when it asks to overwrite press yes to all. (this should take about 20 minutes or so ).

now x out of all the screens then shut off the car then take out the sd card.

14) Start your car and watch your avic come back to life (the startup procces may take a few minutes due to it reading everything new).

I tried the steps outlined by Biker90. After step 7 the unit would not restart. It would go to the "Pioneer Screen" and just sit there. After a very long time, I tried hitting the menu or map button. It would go to the initial screen (the one with destination, etc) and stop there. Tried each type of reset but no joy. I tried to get into Windows CE via test mode and it would go to the Windows CE blue screen then immediately go black and the whole unit would shut down. I have done all manner of trial and error I can think of but nothing is working. Anybody have any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

First off thanks to the forum and all its members. This is my issue. I've made it all the way to step 11 with no problems. This is what it says do. (next press start and fom the sub open DISKRW then change the dot from read to WRITE then click on the top dropdown menu and click on SDMLC then click on the button that has 3 little dots on it (...) now look for your sd card and click on the nn7 file and click WRITE now wait till its complete running all the stuff then x out of all the windows and shut off you car. go back to your computer and empty the sd card.) This is the message im getting. (cannot find 'diskrw' or one of its components. Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available) Anybody know whats wrong. Or maybe its something I didnt do right. I have no idea. Thankyou.

Don Tat, do the 3.0 upgrade, much smoother operation than the 2.X versions. After that you can find the 3.01 update floating around on here somewhere, I do not remember exactly where I found it, but I do remember the login ID and password which I have posted about. Then download the 3.02 update from Pioneer, after you install the 3.02 update, then go back in under test mode to access CE, do the software bypass, easy and many write ups on here about that one. Very much worth it.

I have a F90BT that is one year old. I installed it myself and did the parking brake bypass as desribed in this forum. My unit is now stuck on the system startup screen consatntly cycling and restarting. I called Pioneer and they said that it may be due to the bypass? Should I just return the unit or is there an easy way to fix it?