AVIC411.com

That is definitely the solution. Everytime you make changes to your ipod you need to let the unit update the "VR Catalog"

You can leave this on so it does it automatically, however, it is quite annoying because it does it EVERY TIME whether you need it or not. so most people just leave it off until they want to update the VR catalog. they let it catalog one time, then turn it back off until next time.

to turn it on and off:

go to MENU, SETTINGS, then AV SETTINGS. Choose "VR CATALOG MODE" and turn it "ON". Go back to your iPod screen and wait for the VR Catalog to complete (this may take a minute or two depending on how much music you have) After it has finished, go back into AV settings and turn the VR CATALOG MODE off. you can leave it off until the next time you add or remove songs from your ipod.

So i will be switching back to the 910 from a Z110 very soon. This function is about 90% flawless on the Z but I wanted to get some input from you guys on how well this works on the X. When I had my F90, this function never worked at all for my iPod and was off and on with my phone. Has this improved on the X?

Fortunately, I never had problems with my F900 VR so my input may not help you much. But, for what its worth, i find that the VR on the X works just as well as I would expect it to.

The biggest difference between the X and the Z is that on the Z, the VR is ready to listen immediately after you press the VR button. on the X there is a bit of a lag. I am only talking MAYBE a full second but its not as instantaneous as the Z.

The Z's VR seems faster but I would say they have about the same accuracy and success rate. perhaps the Z has a slight edge in accuracy but, in my experience, the X's VR does the job.

why are you getting rid of the Z?

Yea I am beginning to get a lot of flack for this decision. I just cant ignore all the awesome things that have come out of the moding efforts on this unit in the last year or so. That little devil has been whispering in my ear sense I left the F series that I had extensively moded before moving over to the Z. The Z is a great unit and I will miss the VR functions terribly. However, I will glad to come back to a unit I can add a function to if I want.