AVIC411.com

MSN Alternative......

Since we'll be Loosing MSN in a few years, are there any plans for a replacement???

Haven't found much looking around the forums, though may not of looked in the right places.

While MSN seems a bit behind "real time",

Garmin Moble XT was spot on with the traffic, accidents, ect.

I hope there is going to be some sort of replacement.

There will be no replacement for MSN for the F/X series.

With a technology like TMC in the EU available that requires a radio tuner to operate, does anyone know if something like this is coming to the US? Is that available over HD radio or something? I guess a better question would be; what technology is coming that cars are going to have to be able to get traffic info in them?

There will be no replacement for MSN for the F/X series.

With a technology like TMC in the EU available that requires a radio tuner to operate, does anyone know if something like this is coming to the US? Is that available over HD radio or something? I guess a better question would be; what technology is coming that cars are going to have to be able to get traffic info in them?

US had TMC for quite some time, although not as good as in Europe.

Too bad Pioneer decided to go with an arguably better service, and that service goes Poof...

Theoretically, it should be possible to bolt on TMC receiver to F-series, but I very much doubt that Pioneer is going to spend time and money on that.

MSN is getting more and more annoying actually. Construction has been completed on several rodes for months, and one stretch of road has been completed since May of 2008 and MSN still shows construction there. Road was widened to 5 lanes from 3, Lane guidence on map is spot on. Go figure.

I'd love to have an alternative to MSN, my Garmin was pretty acurate with traffic, accidents, and construction.