AVIC411.com

streaming audio

Well I emailed pioneer Friday and asked them if they had a solution to my problem, they said the iPod cable won't work either because it will only play songs in the "iPod", since I play out of rhapsody they suggested I pick up a a/v iPhone cable and run that to the a/v input on the back of the z1. It works. So for those of us running an iPhone and prefer to use a streaming service like rhapsody or pandora, etc. Just go buy the apple composite cable and plug it in.

• 1 month later...

I've had several models of Microsoft's Zune ever since they came out and with each Zune I've always used their AV cable and its "TV Out" capablity to output audio and video to my AVIC Z1 and Z3. You can't control the track selections or menu items from the headunit or remote, but I use a universal windshield mount to hold my zune and the CD-UB100 USB adapter to charge my zune or connect a jump drive or other device with music on it if I want to play music from another source. But honestly, between the AVIC's HDD and my zune, I have no need for any other source for audio or video. I've attempted to attach 2 files, one showing the zune mounted and supplying the AVIC with video and another pic of my glovebox where my zune is hooked up to charge and an AV switch is connected to allow me to also hook up 3 other AV devices (such as an xbox, camcorder, playstation, etc...)