AVIC411.com

X910BT won't recognize or import contacts from iPhone 3GS

Hi all,

I had a X910BT installed yesterday, March 19, 2010. The connection to the iPhone seemed straightforward enough; the music is recognized, the phone works via bluetooth, etc. The one weird part is that the device won't recognize (or subsequently import) any of the contact info in my phone's Address Book. The installing tech said that I needed to upgrade the firmware of my phone. That seemed odd to me, as the phone is about two weeks old. Sure enough, I confirmed with Apple that I have the latest software on the phone (3.1.3), so no upgrading is possible there.

Does anyone know how I can get my contacts into / onto the X10BT? I read the thread about how names won't show if the phone number that's calling doesn't match the format of the number as it appears in a contact's info, but in my case, I can't even get contact info onto the device. Any insights are appreciated!

There is also a thread that mentions how certain characters or symbols in your contacts will confuse the bluetooth and will result in the phonebook not transferring.

Try to search for the thread so you can read through it but the main thing is to make sure that none of your contacts have anything other that letters and numbers in them.

Take out all periods, commas, ampersands, slashes, dashes, perenthesis...etc... from the names of your contacts.

If you have someone named Dr. Smith - change it to Dr Smith

If you have a contact named Bob & Jane - change it to Bob and Jane

If you have a contact named John (Allstate) - change it to John Allstate

Take out everything that is not a letter or a number.

Give that a try and see if it solves the problem. If not, do a search for the original thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the x910 and a iphone 3gs as well. When you are connected to the unit you have to go onto your iphone in the settings and pair the phone thru that. Hit systems, genral, bluetooth (make sure it on), and devices, this will pair your phone to the unit. the phone should pick up the x910 and should be stored into your phone, then connect.

hope that helps