AVIC411.com

Rearview Cam Question

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do i wire the d 3 so its on all the time so i can see the rear view when im going forward?

Yea right! Joined today with one post asking the same question as the ass clown I just banned. This time maybe you want to watch your step.

Rearview Cam Question Continued.

Is the camera format NTSC or PAL ?

I am guessing they wouldn't bother changing the Vid format for UK / Aust to PAL for a self contained unit.

Couldnt find any mention of it in the Manual. (I have an Aussie F900BT)

Cheers

Gertsy

Stay away from the CMOS cams if you want a good picture.

Hey howcome my quotes dont work?

Anyhow:

Is'nt the Pioneer Camera CMOS ? Or is it CCD?

This is one of those "debates" that goes on in all technologies. Have a look at this accessment: http://www.dalsa.com/corp/markets/ccd_vs_cmos.aspx

It seems to be a fairly unbiased view of the 2 technologies.

As always there are pros and cons to all technology options and I am guessing it wont be the image technology that determines the quality of image but rather the quality of the implementation of it. In that case it's usually the cheapest source that results in the cheapest low quality product which is why your accessment is probably spot on. But that still doesn't mean you can't score a good CMOS camera that has been well built and agressively priced. Conversly I'm sure it doesn't mean you can't score some old CCD camera that costs a lot and is comparitively crud.

Based on Pioneer's record on product relaibility recently I wouldn't be spending $200 for a "quality" camera that lasts 12 months. Sorry 13 months. :x

I'd be interested in other peoples experiences of cheapie ePay cameras.

It's the ability to handle vibrations that probably has CMOS behind CCD in this area but then again I'm not about to mount it on the tail pipe.

As it is I'ts not something I've got my heart set on but if I can score a good quality camera CCD or CMOS at a "that'll do" price then I'm in.

Anyone had experience with these from HK: (776 Waterproof Camera)

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/Eonon__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Thanks for the replies

Gertsy

• 2 weeks later...

I've actually done a little research on backup cams and went with and found an older discontinued Panasonic CCD cam on eBay: http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-Audio-C ... B000RIX0JI

From what I've read, the cheaper CMOS cameras will experience sensor deterioration if there is a constant voltage applied to them, this does not apply to CCD cameras. Therefore the wiring instructions posted by "kruff10" are probably preferable when installing a CMOS camera and certainly not "half-assed".