AVIC411.com

ILL wire pulsed or not? (from bluetooth thread)

for those "waiting" with "fingers crossed" why not just go and test it out yourself. Please dont make others do testing for you, thats pretty lame. help be apart of the solution and dont wait around for problems.

it doesnt make much sense that the units would not function similar to the newer units after the update. how else would pioneer diagnose problems.

also, what new cars use pulse for ill. ? to make that statement please back it up with which cars you have seen this way. thanks

for those "waiting" with "fingers crossed" why not just go and test it out yourself. Please dont make others do testing for you, thats pretty lame. help be apart of the solution and dont wait around for problems.

it doesnt make much sense that the units would not function similar to the newer units after the update. how else would pioneer diagnose problems.

also, what new cars use pulse for ill. ? to make that statement please back it up with which cars you have seen this way. thanks

because some don't have the ability to restore their hard drives, that's why....have you been reading what happened to ducatiboy?

he said he'll test it, and he has the ability to fix it, if it messes up, which it did, so why not let him test it? No need for everyones hard drive to screw up. And, it's not lame.

You're an angry elf.

It doesn't make sense for everyone to test it when people have already completed the firmware upgrade. I would agree with you if a new update came out and NO ONE had applied it and we all just sat around waiting for someone else to take the risk, but others have already taken the plunge, it would be foolish for everyone else to do it instead of waiting for the feedback from the brave early-adopters of the firmware.

As for what cars, I clearly mentioned in my post that my 2002 Sequoia uses a pulsed circuit, so I guess you didn't read the whole thing. I've seen it in Toyota and Honda trucks use it as well, and when I mentioned this to a friend whos an installer he said he's also seen it in Nissan's. I would venture to guess that if they use pulsed circuit technology in one line, they will use it in most lines of that model year.

Have I personally seen it in hundreds of Japanese trucks? No, I've only personally seen it in a handful of cars as I don't regularly perform stereo installations, but I believe my sources. Take it for what its worth.

-Ed

My 03 Lincoln Aviator does. I would expect a great number of newer cars use pulsed lines, but the Z1 seems to work with most of them. I don't know the extent of pulsing and the modulation which the Z1 will handle as a "lights are on" but I would think it's pretty universal.

UPDATE

Just burned a new Sony CD Rom with a new download from the rapidshare site. Burned with Nero on my "old school" plextor burner. 99% and it failed again. I really think there is something "special" with my Z1 which is causing the failure. Glad I have the backup of the hard drive :)

I'll try the "working" cd that was mailed to me, but I don' t know if that will make any difference. I did lower my volume all the way down and pair my phone again and it did help the echo quite a bit.

first off, it does make sense for other to test things. Hence the request that has been stated

"Bottom Line= Need PRE-July 06 units to use the update disk and THEN do the connector 2 bypass to see if it works.

and

"So what i'm gathering from this thread is that if your unit is manufactured after Sept 06 then it already has this fix. Can anyone confirm this?"

and

"I think we are all waiting on some more testing. " <--- typed by niteone (can you read what has been postede? hell you even said it)

and it goes on and on. Why would you be so heartless to insist on ducatiboy to do the testing whether or not he has the ability to "fix" the fix.? its clear many other people want a broader test done so that the fix can be more completely determined. This way if more people are involved with the actual use and testing, you wont have possible "bad media" or "burned to fast" or other issues. That is what is lame and deems people as a leech to insist on others doing all the work. Understand that even if a hard drive can be re imaged and brought back to fix the fix, its time and effort ducatiboy sure as hell doesnt need to take for the laziness of the clowns not willing to venture out and help the community with their bs posts of waiting around to see what happens.

As for the pulsed ill. 2002 is surely not NEW, maybe newER, but realistically its 5 years old. I dont know where you got the illumination for your head unit but it should be green and positive and NOT PULSED. I work at the largest honda dealer in the u.s. and have not run across any ill. being pulsed out of the 2006 and 2007 vehicle line. As for the toyota, you can bet that there is certainly a non "pulsed" ill. This is assuming you mean pulsed as in voltage is present for a period of time and then goes away and then returns and the cycle repeats like that. In addition, the avic units have a built in sensor I believe to help auto adjust the light level anyways.

So to sum it up, dont be a lame leech it is clear most people want a broad test of the update, and the update has really only given a problem to one person thus far who is unable to determine the source of the problem yet. So it is clear it does work, has worked. How easy would it be if some of the waiters would just do it, that would help greatly with a more complete consensus of things.

As for the pulsed ill. 2002 is surely not NEW, maybe newER, but realistically its 5 years old. I dont know where you got the illumination for your head unit but it should be green and positive and NOT PULSED. I work at the largest honda dealer in the u.s. and have not run across any ill. being pulsed out of the 2006 and 2007 vehicle line. As for the toyota, you can bet that there is certainly a non "pulsed" ill. This is assuming you mean pulsed as in voltage is present for a period of time and then goes away and then returns and the cycle repeats like that. In addition, the avic units have a built in sensor I believe to help auto adjust the light level anyways.

Your back-peddling, you asked what vehicles have pulsed illum's and I told you and your response was basically that it doesn't matter a full positive can be found anyway. That wasn't your question, your question was what vehicles do it. Sorry it wasn't "new enough" for you but the 2006 sequoias use the same wiring so there you go, not to mention that others have mentioned newer vehicles that do it including ducatiboy. Bottom line you acted as though no vehicle does it and clearly many do.

Obviously a non-pulsed illum wire can be found in any vehicle, but I was referring to the illum in the stereo harness.

I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest with you, in fact I agree with you that bigger testing group=good for the community. Any forum out there for any hobby has made most discoveries via trial and error. However, if a forum member here is non-tech saavy or just squeemish about the process I won't hold it against them if they wait to hear results. I don't think being cautious is doing a "bad thing."

I aint back peddeling nothing, I asked what cars had it, very clear bout that. The only response to my statement was to say something like " .. such and such car has it," kinda like cntrylvr did, but instead it seems as if the idea that there is no other way to use the ill. with the z1 if you have a pulsed ill. wire. which is very very untrue. in fact what you said was

" don't go throwing them out the window just yet. It's still VERY, VERY useful. Remember many new cars, especially japanese models, now use a pulsed circuit for the illumination wire, and the avic z1 wants to either see 12v or nothing, it doesn't like pulsed circuits and I've confirmed this in my 02 sequoia. "

why not just grab the non pulsed wire? which you are now the one back peddeling and saying

"Obviously a non-pulsed illum wire can be found in any vehicle, but I was referring to the illum in the stereo harness. "

also, it is NOT just 12 volts or ground, maybe that is where you and others are getting confused. grab a meter you will surely see what I am talking about.

again it is very clear, those of us that have the tech knowledge and even installed the units ourselves, or installed the flasher circuit and can simply perform the update. Then report back. That would be far more helpful then a post saying they are waiting for info to come. Come on, whats next driving the car for them too?

No pissing match here, it is clear that some people here have a poor understanding of the ill. wire, and while others really are about leeching and being lame rather then helping the cause. I saw 1 other person offer to send ducatiboy a working disk, whether he needed it or not, whether or not he had confirmation back yet about the first disk being sent or not. it just erks me to see everyone swarming over something but not willing to help with it. and saying ohh.. i dont want to mess my unit up, welp geeze did the people who tried this and posted say that? noooope. of course they didnt want to mess their unit up but they tried it just the same, to help and to see for themselves.

So before you call me out as a back peddler or something worst, keep in mind I am merely ticked off at the lack of support given to someone who themselves has done much here for the avic units and bypassing them to be shoved the responsibility to come up with info on this update. not to mention the consequences of someone reading mis information about ill wiring and just plain electrical knowledge of the car.

So before you call me out as a back peddler or something worst, keep in mind I am merely ticked off at the lack of support given to someone who themselves has done much here for the avic units and bypassing them to be shoved the responsibility to come up with info on this update. not to mention the consequences of someone reading mis information about ill wiring and just plain electrical knowledge of the car.

I understand your point, and I've always installed my HU's, amps, crossovers, caps, etc in my vehicles and friends vehicles, so I'm familiar with the systems. You can call this back peddling if you want but to me a "new car" is a car thats model line is not out of production cycle yet, the 2002 Sequoia is the same body style as the 06, I think you get my point.

Anyhow, as I said earlier, I agree more testing=good, I'm just not gonna be pissy with the guy that is squeemish.

why not just grab the non pulsed wire? which you are now the one back peddeling and saying .

Not sure how thats back peddling. if you already have the flasher circuit why go through the trouble of finding a non-pulsed illum? Thats all I was saying. My time is valuable to me, so if using a circuit that I already have saves me time and keeps me from having to find and run a new wire it's worth keeping to me. Not to mention it's awfully convenient to tap into it right at the stereo harnass.

Iversonbiatch wasnt meaning you, I read that you were waiting for install this weekend already, but you can be bitchy about it all you want, it makes me none. theres many that have read this thread and NOT posted, cuz they are waiting it out. About the full page rant, If someone calls me out trying to educate me and doesnt even know the difference between a constant +12 volts, ground , and a variable voltage circuit I feel obligated to clear things up.

but yes a "new" car means not prev. owned by a person and usually with low milage, along with the fact that the age of the car is rather um... new.

Theres many people who would likely say "i got a new car" but mean they bought a car and its new to them. If you bought the car first, and it was brand new, then it would no longer be considered new today, its used and definitely not new as in a "new toyota sequoia" cuz if someone says, you wanna buy a new sequoia? most would think its a 2006 or 2007 NOT a 2002... get the point ? i think you do, and probably just in haste to correct me you made the assumption and now realize its not really true.

tillithz:

"and it goes on and on. Why would you be so heartless to insist on ducatiboy to do the testing whether or not he has the ability to "fix" the fix.? its clear many other people want a broader test done so that the fix can be more completely determined. This way if more people are involved with the actual use and testing, you wont have possible "bad media" or "burned to fast" or other issues. That is what is lame and deems people as a leech to insist on others doing all the work. Understand that even if a hard drive can be re imaged and brought back to fix the fix, its time and effort ducatiboy sure as hell doesnt need to take for the laziness of the clowns not willing to venture out and help the community with their bs posts of waiting around to see what happens. "

I'm not insisting on anything dude. Ducatiboy is doing it on his own and has offered his information. I'm not standing behind Ducatiboy, telling him to go test it.

again, no ones demanding anything, you don't want to test it, don't. Makes no difference to me if Ducatiboy tested it or not, but I'm grateful he is.

you obviously have more problems than worrying about who's testing what and who isn't. And, your posts prove how lame of a person YOU are. Calling people 'clowns' and so on.

so, go ahead and answer this reply with another dumb a$$ stupid meaningless bobble reply I'm sure your capable of making. Makes not difference to me.

useless post? least I"m not confused about illumination wire being a variable voltage vrs. +12 and ground and then passing it on as fact. geeze you call me the lame one for knowing the difference. Go back to school learn what your doing then you can talk sh!t clown.

Please no one make the mistake that the illumination wire is not a solid +12 or - ground. Even In a pulsed system. Its mis info like this that will cause problems. Again if you mis inform, I will correct you if I know the facts, otherwise you wont hear from me. take it personally if you want, like I said it makes me none.

p.s. I have put 700 miles or so on my z1 after this update (man. date of 7/06) and the z1 functions as it did prior to the update with the bypass of the two wires to ground. I doubt anything is done to newER manufactured units in regards to the bypass.