AVIC411.com

names not listed on incoming calls?

I have a x910bt and an iphone 3g. I transfered my phone book and they all appear in contacts as they should. When an incoming call comes in though, it only shows the telephone number. It does not associate it with the number in my phone book. is there any way i can fix this?

also, any hacks to have it not dump me in the map screen? its annoying, and honestly id prefer it to take me to a phone screen like the D3 did over the map.

bump..I even tried to put the X910 in test mode and copied the phonepook db file. I then edited it in SQL since I read in other posts that the number has to be saved as 15551212 with no dashes or other symbols. I changed all the numbers to the format above and it still didnt work. Wtf? This unit boasts about Iphone compatibility and it can't even transfer and format phonebook contacts correctly.

this seems to be a pretty common complaint with iphones. one suggestion i have read is to take the (1) out from in front of your numbers. so if it is saved as 1-703-555-1234 save it as 703-555-1234 or just 7035551234 in case the dashes make a difference.