AVIC411.com

What is the most I should be charged for an install?

Hey All,

When I get my new AVIC-X920BT mid April it will be the very first time dealing with an aftermarket mod install. I am a little nervous as I am trying to make this install look as "factory installed" as possible so I have hired a custom shop who claims they do pro installs for high end clients, pro athletes etc. What should be the most charged for labor on an install of this AVIC-X920BT with the steering wheel control adaptor, hands-free BT, rear view camera, USB/AV, Sirius, and the switch to make the DVD player work while in drive.

Thanks in advance.

prob 50 percent of the cost of all the components. Even a pro is going to take a long time for all that depending on how familar they are with your car. Doing it yourself from scratch is always fun, first time is the best. You prob won't get them to do the hack, its a legal issue. You didn't mention what kind of car you have or year. If its a newer car there are lots of complicating issues. Some are not even able to take an after market stereo without a ton of modification.

• 2 weeks later...

i would charge you

$100 basic mobile video w/ nav install

$60 steering wheel adapter install

$60 backup camera install

$60 dedicated satellite radio adapter install

$20 usb/ipod cable install

none of the prices above include any products or install parts (wire harness, dash kit, antenna adapter...)

also all of the prices are subject to change based on the vehicle, such as

if there is excessive disassembly , the price will go up (i had to run an ipod cable into a certain spot inside a center console on a new A6 and it forever just to disassemble and reassemble the center console a couple of weeks ago and the cost reflected that)

if there any customizations needed the price will go up

if there is any premium sound systems that need to be interfaced with or bypassed the price may go up

and as mentioned before, your on your own for the bypass (legal liability)

Any idea what it would cost to install a 920 in an 07 trailblazer ss with Bose/ onstar no stock nav. What modules do I need? Want to keep steering wheel controls and I know I need something for the onstar and chimes. Anyone know the prices and/or part numbers for these? I'll look at my receipt and give a breakdown of what they are charging me. Supposed to get the install Monday morning. Thanks

Any idea what it would cost to install a 920 in an 07 trailblazer ss with Bose/ onstar no stock nav. What modules do I need? Want to keep steering wheel controls and I know I need something for the onstar and chimes. Anyone know the prices and/or part numbers for these? I'll look at my receipt and give a breakdown of what they are charging me. Supposed to get the install Monday morning. Thanks

$100 mobile video labor

$60 steering wheel controls labor

$22 Metra dash kit 99-2003

$15 GM antenna adapter 40gm10

$100 wire harness w/ onstar + Bose Metra GMOS-04

$100 PAC SWI-PS