AVIC411.com

Droid tether to F500BT

Now that I'm done with my last software for the F500, I'm thinking about trying to get my Droid to tether to my F500 and then write a nice app to help the F500 browse the internet easily and view videos/media on the Droid or the internet.

Anyone have interest in this or have some pointers on the bluetooth abilities of the F500? If bluetooth isn't possible, it'll have to be USB as long as I can get some USB drivers to work in WINCE.

Will be following your progress, good luck. I suggest reading this thread if you haven't already:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26523

The OP got the internet working using a SD WiFi card and tethering it to a phone. The Droid can act as a hotspot, but you would still need a way for the unit to connect to the Droid.

Also, I don't really know what this means, but this is a quote from that thread about the bluetooth capability of the AVIC unit:

Sadly the Bluetooth in our AVICs isn't a full-featured one, it's a phone and serial port only device made by Parrot. It looks like the Navi board communicates with the Bluetooth module over a serial or USB connection and uses Parrot's DLL/driver to run the board, rather than a full Bluetooth stack that can talk to HID devices.

Thanks, that's actually helpful!

Will be following your progress, good luck. I suggest reading this thread if you haven't already:

The OP got the internet working using a SD WiFi card and tethering it to a phone. The Droid can act as a hotspot, but you would still need a way for the unit to connect to the Droid.

Also, I don't really know what this means, but this is a quote from that thread about the bluetooth capability of the AVIC unit:

Sadly the Bluetooth in our AVICs isn't a full-featured one, it's a phone and serial port only device made by Parrot. It looks like the Navi board communicates with the Bluetooth module over a serial or USB connection and uses Parrot's DLL/driver to run the board, rather than a full Bluetooth stack that can talk to HID devices.

Yeah, and when I said "phone" what I really meant was the Handsfree profile. No A2DP, no Dial Up Networking, no LAN Access Profile, etc, etc. Hoping to use your CE image cooking guide from the Wiki to put a CSR Bluetooth radio driver and the BlueSoliel Bluetooth stack from my iPaq 310 onto the AVIC and see what happens when I put one of the USB Bluetooth adapters into the USB cable. :D

Thanks, that's actually helpful!

Sweet. Well I won't get to the Droid stuff for a little bit as I'm going to work on creating a Windows App to simplify the process of changing the base OS and/or registry.

I'll start posting beta versions as time goes on.

I could use some stock WINCEIMG.BIN and .CKS files from you all for testing the software on different units if possible.