AVIC411.com

Asian Font Installation Procedure - Solved

As you can read from my previous post and seems like I found myself a way to display Asian characters in my X910BT

Here's how:

1. Unit: X910BT

2. Software: 3.0 (never update since I bought it in March from Amazon]

3. SD card: Kingston SDHC 4 GB

I use the file from this post: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=19394

1. Download this .cab file from http://rapidshare.com/files/92952493/D_ ... t.cab.html

According to the post, its a Google DroidSansFallback.ttf font from Google Phone. It supports and is limited to Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.

2. Put the TestMode folder in your SD [the one you need to use to boot into TestMode]

3. Put the SD card in your unit and boot it up into WinCE mode.

4. Recalibrate touch screen. [i do this every time when I go in]

5. Open up my storage [sD card location]

6. Double Click on the D_ChineseSupportALLButInput.cab file

a. the head unit will prompt a warning asking if you want to replace original file

b. before you hit yes, please have a backup for your file.

c. hit [yes for all]

7. After it completes the installation, you'll no longer see the file in your SD card since its removed ( i have no idea why)

8. Go the desktop page and you'll see a Tascal RegEdit

9. I'm not sure why people doing the same hack uses other PHM register editor in their F-Series, but I assume Tascal RegiEdit is only offer in X-series.

10. Double click on the Tascal RegEdit and go to

a. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] then click on

b. [nls] and you'll see 2 files on the right, and click

c. [defaultLCID] from the right section

d. Click [Edit] on the top menu

c. Click [Modify]

e. It'll see a promp with a highlight on the origional value as 409 ( it displays in Hexadecimal with its binary number.

f. Now edit the number by using the keyboard from the most right and bottom corner. Click on the keyboard and change the value to 404 for Traditional Chinese. You may find other values from the post

g. Once its done, exit all window and reboot the unit

11. Check your Ipod menu and you'll find the square gone and foreign characters up.

I also found the Contact which originally have foreign characters working properly now.

Cheers!

Pat

=====================================================================================================

I'm looking for a way to install Asian fonts on my X910 and yes I know there are posts in F series and I have check.

like this one:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... sian+fonts

Thing is the registry editor file is no longer available. I am wondering if anyone still has the file or have anyone did install Asian font lately? Thanks!

Pat

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...