AVIC411.com

Warning Screen Bug Start

I am having this odd problem since I installed the 3.0 hackd. I did it when it was rlsd so it was prolly one of the first guides. I think might have been more of a post then a guide. Either way, here's the problem.

Sometimes after starting, or after a fast restart, like after starting the car,

The unit ui will not function. It is because the Warning screen is popped up but I cannot see it. I must somehow get the map up and clear out the warning. Often even the map button will not work. I suppose the radio/music being on also might have something to do with it. The unit restarts in to radio ui, but again it has some limited function getting out of the ui, because the warning screen isnt first displayed.

Sorry if this post sounds odd, I am a bit off right now.., been up for a long time.

Thanks in advance

Your system needs time to boot up. Usually, the Main menu will come on but it takes a while to get a GPS signal and the NAV will be frozen until then. The clock will also be frozen until a GPS signal is found

I dont think its that.. I can wait for ever and it still happens.. I must press various screens to get to the WARNING message and clear it before the unit acts normal. The problem is the warning doesnt show up as first screen some times.

I know that worked for me. No more nag screen - yay! Now if only the boot time were a little shorter. Or a LOT shorter.

I was trying to figure out why once in a while my unit will still show the backup camera half a block from home. Well, if I have it on the map when I shut off the car, I'll get the backup camera image about 10-12 seconds after engine start. After I shift out of reverse, though, it wants to flip to the nav screen -- but of course it can't until Windows finishes booting. Duh.

It's really too bad they didn't design the system to suspend/sleep when the engine is shut off, rather than cold booting every time it's started. There's battery power provided, so it could be done. But, there are a lot of design decisions that were made that just leave me scratching my head. Like no RDS - WTF?? Not even on the Z110!

I know that worked for me. No more nag screen - yay! Now if only the boot time were a little shorter. Or a LOT shorter.

I was trying to figure out why once in a while my unit will still show the backup camera half a block from home. Well, if I have it on the map when I shut off the car, I'll get the backup camera image about 10-12 seconds after engine start. After I shift out of reverse, though, it wants to flip to the nav screen -- but of course it can't until Windows finishes booting. Duh.

It's really too bad they didn't design the system to suspend/sleep when the engine is shut off, rather than cold booting every time it's started. There's battery power provided, so it could be done. But, there are a lot of design decisions that were made that just leave me scratching my head. Like no RDS - WTF?? Not even on the Z110!

So does the nag remover fix your problem or otherwise?

For the half a block thing, I got it from time to time too. You don't have to have it on your screen before shut off the car, even not so, you will still get it from time to time. My guess is all depend when during the booting process you switch to reverse gear, if Windows CE is loading a big chunk of data, then AVIC just wait, another way to prove the the ARM CPU is underpower in the Pioneer.

As for the stupide cool boot everytime, to prevent from draining the battery by letting it in standby, Pioneer should design the stupid thing with a internal timer, like after 30 seconds or so in OFF, next startup would be cold boot. Othrewise, just resume. This will prevent lot of head scratching, especially when you are waiting someone in ACC mode, then START the car within 2 seconds ... HOW STUPID IT IS, it costs almost nothing to install a timer, like a big capacitor :twisted::twisted::twisted: .

So does the nag remover fix your problem or otherwise?

Yes - works perfectly!

Pioneer should design the stupid thing with a internal timer, like after 30 seconds or so in OFF, next startup would be cold boot.

Actually -- you'd think they could suspend to FLASH so it wouldn't need to use any battery power. You'd just use battery for a few seconds after engine stop to do the save, then resume when the car is started again. Why cold boot at all?