AVIC411.com

Reason Cruthfield says z110bt will not fit?

I have a 2004 Alero. I was prevoiously going to get a x920bt until i dug some more and realized with a software update Id be getting a better deal on a z110bt. On my readings tonight i realized some folks were complaining about GM's un-standard stereo sizes, so i decided I better look up to see if the unit would fit and sadly Crutchfield showed that it would not fit, but the Kenwood DNX9960 would. I decided to look up the dimensions of the two units and from what i can tell the kenwood is coming in slightly bigger.

Avic Z110bt

Dimensions (W × H × D):

Chassis: 178mm × 100mm × 165mm (7 in. × 3-7/8 in. × 6-1/2 in.)

Nose: 170mm × 96mm × 17mm (6-3/4 in. × 3-3/4 in. × 5/8 in.)

DNX9960

181.7 x 100 x 180mm (7-3/16 x 3-15/16 x 7-1/8 inches)

The only thing I can think of is the oem alero bezel that goes around the stereo is rounded, but i should be able to mod that. But even then I wouldnt think the Kenwood would fit if the Pioneer doesnt.

Thanks for the help.

Check out http://documents.victorytechnologies.com//documents/product/16348.pdf. This is the manual to the kit you would use to give you more of a visual. I hate Crutchfield as their info seems to always be inaccurate. They said my Dub was single din and it clearly is double din with install kits available for it.

Good luck with your install.

• 2 weeks later...