AVIC411.com

odd problem with Avic N1 and new DVD Mt60 West

so i upgraded the nav system to the latest software, and i'm 90% sure that it was working 100% but yesterday i noticed that it no longer allows "address search" or freeway search" or "phone number search" the address book still works, as does using the map function by touch screen and setting the new route.

the parking brake switches on and off, as the address book switches on and off and the diagnostic screen says it.

i used DVD+R DL media , i noted a few people said they had issues, yet the unit can still find routes.

i guess to downgrade you've got to remove the flash chips and reflash it manually.

any ideas ? (beyond try DVD-R DL which i can't find locally anywhere)
Is this happening while your moving? or stopped?

[quote name="charliex"]so i upgraded the nav system to the latest software, and i'm 90% sure that it was working 100% but yesterday i noticed that it no longer allows "address search" or freeway search" or "phone number search" the address book still works, as does using the map function by touch screen and setting the new route.

the parking brake switches on and off, as the address book switches on and off and the diagnostic screen says it.

i used DVD+R DL media , i noted a few people said they had issues, yet the unit can still find routes.

i guess to downgrade you've got to remove the flash chips and reflash it manually.

any ideas ? (beyond try DVD-R DL which i can't find locally anywhere)[/quote]
  • 3 weeks later...
[quote name="charliex"]i flashed it back to older 1.2 DVD and its back to normal now, must be the DVD+R's i used.[/quote]
So us n1 users can only stay with the older versions of the discs if we want to be able to watch dvd's, address search etc while driving?? I know CharlieX says it's possible but I just read here it's not good or am I not getting it??

Yndio
There is a guy on ebay that claims he can get the upgraded disks to work and still allow you to use functions while in motion. I haven't personally seen his work, but that is the only way I have heard. If you put the n2, or n3 disks in your n1 as it is now, you will lose all those functions

[quote name="Anonymous"][/quote]
So us n1 users can only stay with the older versions of the discs if we want to be able to watch dvd's, address search etc while driving?? I know CharlieX says it's possible but I just read here it's not good or am I not getting it??

Yndio[/quote]
[quote name="whtcrxghst"]There is a guy on ebay that claims he can get the upgraded disks to work and still allow you to use functions while in motion. I haven't personally seen his work, but that is the only way I have heard. If you put the n2, or n3 disks in your n1 as it is now, you will lose all those functions

[quote name="Anonymous"][/quote]

Yndio[/quote][/quote]

What's his info??
  • 8 months later...