AVIC411.com

2010 Honda CRV LX Install

Anyone done an install in a CRV before?

Looking to install the Z110bt with bluetooth mic, antenna, ipod cable,

and Reverse camera.

Any suggestions or tips?

Should I attempt myself? (Pretty mechanically competent, but never done this type of install before.

Is best buy a good place to get the install done?

Best Buy is about the WORST place to have an install done.

You need to find a wiring harness for you vehicle. Basically this is how it works:

Your vehicle comes with a harness already, it is hard wired into the engine harness/vehicle computer/electrical system. To prevent you from having to splice your unit directly into this, you can buy a "go-between" harness that will mate your vehicle's wiring and the wiring of your unit together painlessly.

Does your car have steering wheel controls? If so, you can buy an adapter from PAC that will allow you to use your steering wheel controls with the headunit. These come with great instructions on how to install.

If you're going to do the install yourself, get a digital multimeter and the factory service manual for your car (you can usually find these for free around the net if you know where to look). You need the service manual for wiring diagrams.

Anyone done an install in a CRV before?

Looking to install the Z110bt with bluetooth mic, antenna, ipod cable,

and Reverse camera.

Any suggestions or tips?

Should I attempt myself? (Pretty mechanically competent, but never done this type of install before.

Is best buy a good place to get the install done?

Amazon sells a 'Metra wiring kit' for this - the wires are color coded for easy installation (match colors - they are also labeled on the package). You will also need a dash kit (Scosche)...

This place http://www.autodvdgps.com/backup-camera ... 0_109.html has a very good selection of aftermarket cameras (you need to look at an existing one on the Honda lot - then match it) - they look 100% OEM (at least the ones i've seen). They are like $35 (yes very cheap)

They also have parking 'radar' - it plugs in line with the camera - then on your display, you will see both picture and distance to target (in meters) - it's pretty cool - but requires you to pull off the bumper cover (not as hard as it seems), and drill 4 holes. It's like $30 - and comes in some matching colors (I got silver and it matched my car perfectly).

They are in China, so packages can take a long time to arrive...

thanks,

I got the wiring harness, antenna adapter, and dash kit from crutchfield.

I am going to order either the camera from the link or this one one ebay from china.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 2548wt_941

the specs seems a little nicer, and cheaper with shipping. Only thing the ad says CRV 2009. Think there will be any problem?

I also got the ipod cable from ebay for about 7, hope the quality is good enough.

I will keep you updated on the install.

Pretty excited.

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked up my Honda CRV with the Z110 installed and I am pretty impressed.

Few Gripes but I need to learn the system better..

Voice controls seems pointless, is there a listing of common voice commands?

A phone number listed on an address was wrong..

But in general I think it works great and I am excited for the update!