AVIC411.com

Changing Back Splash

I noticed when you can change the back splash it has an option to "load from SD". I put a few back splashes on an sd card and put it in. When I went to "load from sD" it said must be in picture file.

Is there a special way to do this?

Can someone please help me out?

THANKS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I used the image resizer from this forum and it came out 500 x 240. It loaded no problem, but it only takes up about 1/2 of my screen. I tried expirmenting with the size, but the unit always says it cannot recognize the files that I have increased the size for. Should it take up the whole screen, and if so, what size should I be using?

Thanks.

What was the image size originally? I am guessing it wasn't a very tall image to begin with to leave it at a height of (240 pixels). 800 x 480 is the recommended size, but I think you'll be fine with 800 x 500....If you are starting with standard widescreen wallpaper or custom photos (1920 x1200) etc, you should be just fine after using the resizer. Otherwise, you may end up with some somewhat smaller jpeg's that don't take up the screen completely. That happened to me a couple of them that were (1600 x 1200). The resizer worked like a charm for me though in the end.

Peace ~ HFoM

• 3 months later...

Just a couple of quick notes, I did this last night, and in the instructions are on page 164 of the AVIC Z120BT manual. In short create a folder in the root directory of the SD card named "Pictures", and place all of you pics in there.

I ran into problems using images with special characters in the name (!@#$%^&*{}|_-) so try to avoid this.

Mike