AVIC411.com

x910bt A/V harness with x710bt

I understand this is the F forum, but i think the hardware might be the same.

I am trying to possibly get video out on my x710bt. Has anyone seen if this would work. i understand there would be no settings screen for video out.

First, would the harness even connect to a x710bt?

Second, has anyone heard anyone trying this? It was suggested by a tech at pioneer to attempt it, but at $50 it is a pretty expensive test.

My assumption is that if it worked it would just constantly output the video source.

There are pins on my F700bt VBlue, I am gonna say theres a 95% chance they are on the 710 as well. If someone posts the pin outs or a picture of their harness i will make a video out and try it on my f90 and f700 :)

Thank you! you will be saving me at least $50 if it does not work!

There are pins on my F700bt VBlue, I am gonna say theres a 95% chance they are on the 710 as well. If someone posts the pin outs or a picture of their harness i will make a video out and try it on my f90 and f700 :)

The pins for the F700bt is the same as the X710bt and in the same location.... HOWEVER, THEY ARE NOT INTERCHANGEABLE AND IT WILL NOT WORK!! This has been confirmed!! The only harness that is interchangeable is the AV harness, but NOT THE POWER HARNESS!!

The pins for the F700bt is the same as the X710bt and in the same location.... HOWEVER, THEY ARE NOT INTERCHANGEABLE AND IT WILL NOT WORK!! This has been confirmed!! The only harness that is interchangeable is the AV harness, but NOT THE POWER HARNESS!!

The A/V harness is the one i want to change. So you are saying this would work? If someone has tried it do you know if that had Video out after trying it?

I am not concerned with the power harness.

The only harness that is interchangeable is the AV harness, but NOT THE POWER HARNESS!!

Actually thats backwards. The power harness is interchangeable but not the AV. Its not going to work.

Nope, trust me on this, I went from an F700bt to n X910BT. Pioneer told me that the AV would work in both but the power harness would not. I did not believe them as the pin configuration was identical in the power harness, but when I tried it, it did not work and they were right :(. So I kept the AV harness the same and attached it to my X910, and then used the power harness that I was supposed to use and then it worked. I contacted Pioneer again afterwards because I was stumped as to why the power harness would not work in my X910bt even though the pins were the same. Lol, their response was "It just doesn't"

Actually your right about the AV harness but that does not make sense about the power harness. That harness has been interchangeable from then D3, to the F series, to the Z110BT so the idea that it isn't interchangeable from the 7 series to the 9 series and vice versa is certainly strange.

The only harness that is interchangeable is the AV harness, but NOT THE POWER HARNESS!!

Actually thats backwards. The power harness is interchangeable but not the AV. Its not going to work.

Nope, trust me on this, I went from an F700bt to n X910BT. Pioneer told me that the AV would work in both but the power harness would not. I did not believe them as the pin configuration was identical in the power harness, but when I tried it, it did not work and they were right :(. So I kept the AV harness the same and attached it to my X910, and then used the power harness that I was supposed to use and then it worked. I contacted Pioneer again afterwards because I was stumped as to why the power harness would not work in my X910bt even though the pins were the same. Lol, their response was "It just doesn't"

Well you are the guy i need to talk to then. Did you ever look at the input on both units on the back? did you see if all the pins were in the x910bt were also in the f700bt ? Basically they could be interchangeable but the f700bt might have a slot with no pin making that pin on the harness unusable i.e. no a/v out.

Well you are the guy i need to talk to then. Did you ever look at the input on both units on the back? did you see if all the pins were in the x910bt were also in the f700bt ? Basically they could be interchangeable but the f700bt might have a slot with no pin making that pin on the harness unusable i.e. no a/v out.
You're making this *WAY* harder then it needs to be, Abb1 give you everything you need to know, he went from an F700 to an F910, and the AV harness was the same, that will translate to the 7010, you don't need to have the minutia of having someone confirm that every single pin and every single color is identical.

Pioneer isn't dumb, it isn't cost effective to change harnesses every year for every model.

You're making this *WAY* harder then it needs to be, Abb1 give you everything you need to know, he went from an F700 to an F910, and the AV harness was the same, that will translate to the 7010, you don't need to have the minutia of having someone confirm that every single pin and every single color is identical.

Pioneer isn't dumb, it isn't cost effective to change harnesses every year for every model.

You have obviously missed the whole point of the thread. Its fine if you don't want to read it, but please don't comment.

To catch you up:

7 series does not have video out on its harness - 9 series has video out on harness

I want video out on my 7 series with a 9 harness

1. Things we have found out - everything on the 7 harness will work on the 9 unit

2. Things we are still waiting to hear about - everything on the 9 harness(video out - why i need to know about the pins) works on 7 unit.