AVIC411.com

Magnum install pics

Isn't that an SRT/8? Why would you call it a Magnum?? That's like calling Kleenex a Tissue, or a store brand cotton tipped swab a Q-Tip...Not the same man...not the same...

Nice install. Does it still show the FM station, or does it always show 00.0 now?? Also why the 3 PAC adapters??

Isn't that an SRT/8? Why would you call it a Magnum?? That's like calling Kleenex a Tissue, or a store brand cotton tipped swab a Q-Tip...Not the same man...not the same...

Nice install. Does it still show the FM station, or does it always show 00.0 now?? Also why the 3 PAC adapters??

I called it a magnum because that's what it is. I understand you completely though. As for the pac adapters (1) was used to mate the wiring to the OEM radio plug, (1) so I could retain my steering wheel controls and (1) to translate the signal from the Z1 to canbus.

Cause it's still a Magnum. There are:

Magnum SE

Magnum SXT

Magnum R/T

and

Magnum SRT8

Yes, the SRT8 is one monster machine, but it's still a Magnum. I guess the real question is why would you call it JUST a Magnum. Advertise the V8 goodness! Unless it's a V6 and he just bought a bunch of Hemi badges for it ;)

I was just getting at him for not mentioning all the V8 goodness stuck inside that 6.1L beast... Did you know that if you buy the Magnum SRT/8 instead of a Charger or 300C SRT/8 you don't have to pay a gas guzzler tax?? Some kind of loophole because of the interior space of the magnum. My wife wants a charger SRT/8 some kinda bad... I can't see paying the extra 2200 I think it is on the guzzler tax, so I'm looking for a low milezs used one. Did you do your track day yet??

What are the model PAC adapters you had to use?? I assume one is the SWI-PS, but what is the other, and why is it necessary?? I've never dealt with a vehicle with a CANBUs system, but it sounds like a pain.. Why would the manufacturer want to make it more complicated than it already is?? Is it to discourage modifications???

SWI-PS, PESWICAN, and a CHYAH05. The first does the steering controls. The second makes i ALOT easier to do the steering controls, and the third interfaces with the canbus in the car. Of course the manufacturer wants to make it as difficult as possible to change the factory equipment. If it was easy then they couldn't make money overcharging people for factory upgrades. Dealing with canbus, lanbus, and all of the others isn't really that bad as long as you have the right interfaces. Hell the CHYAH05 gives you everything you need to do a nav system right at the radio. VSS, illmuniation, parking brake (who hooks that up?), and accessory.