AVIC411.com

Z120BT on Sale (Deal from al eds is now dead)

picked mine up from Al&Eds last night, wont be able to install til next weekend. Still have a few more parts to get.

Can't wait.

How much did the total come out to be with CA tax? I'm also in Southern California and wanted to do the same as you but I didn't have the funds to blow 1200+ on a head unit right now, so I just chose a different route.

Well i went to the one in Hawthorne and it ended up being $1215.74 with tax. Yes, that sucks like crazy but you could also still get the X920BT, same interface just smaller screen for 750 + tax with the code pio250, They are still doing

that one at AL&Eds.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warranty is never valid if bought on ebay. And I would not trust any ebay seller to a warranty. By the time your unit breaks, you will be outside of ebay/paypal's protection so the seller will not be obligated to help you at all. Buying cheap will likely cost you in the end.

I respect that some people are worried about getting screwed on warranty within their first year. However hear me out as I've applied this same thought process to my TV as well as several other large expensive appliances and I have saved hundreds of dollars.

1. Find the cheapest price on eBay, Google Shopping, Amazon, or other price comparison. (In this example, I just bought the AVIC-Z120BT for my Dodge Magnum today and the best price I could find was on eBay)

2. Before purchasing, verify that you can get an Extended Service Contract (AKA Extended Warranty) through a third party...again I shop the same places but I am searching for an extended warranty for car audio in this example. I have bought RepairMaster warranties before and I have had to use it once. They are pretty cheap insurance usually. In this case I found the RMM51500 (Also known as the A-RMM51500 using Google Shopping.... please notice I'm not telling you who to buy through...I am not advertising, just telling you what I do to save money and get protection.)

Here is what I did and what I paid today:

I went to Bing.com and searched for something that brought up the eBay 8% cashback banner. (SWI-PS is one such term but many more common terms like Wii and others will bring it up too.)

I clicked the Bing.com banner for 8% cashback. (You have to have or create a cashback account at Bing.com for this to work...it is free, just an extra step if you don't already have one. I do.)

I went to the Buy-It-Now I wanted, for $1078 from a seller who I have bought other electronics from in the past who also has a very high feedback rating (buy from any seller, just make sure they have an excellent rating.) I completed the purchase and paid with Paypal.

I got 8% cashback immediately ($86.24) and my final price, shipped, was $991.76. I bought the 5 year extended warranty for $70 including shipping. Personally, I feel like I got a LOT more value for my money. The $300 off coupon is a great deal, so if you want to go through them please go right ahead and don't feel bad about it! In fact go ahead and get an extended service contract that will cover you for 4 extra years for $70.

I just wanted to share what I do. I did this with my TV which has been repaired once. The warranty on the TV cost me $113, the repair would have cost me $450. I bought 3 more RepairMaster extended warranties on the next 3 big ticket purchases... their prices ranged from $60 to $100... so in that ~$330 that I saved on the first repair I am not covered on three more devices. I doubt I'll have another failure, but if I do it is taken care of.

Sorry I'm long winded. Sorry this probably has a "salesmans" tone of voice...I didn't really want to rewrite it. Just notice how I only mention brands and places where you can search.

I also wanted to point out the 8% Bing ChashBack as that program is ending at the end of July.

So for less than $20 more one of the sellers has a feedback history back to 2004 and they offer to honor the 1 year warranty. With that large of a feedback rating going back 6 years, I'm not too worried about the vanishing. If it does go out in the first year then they take care of it... I think $70 for 4 more years of warranty is definitely worth it... $1150 including 5 years of coverage.... hmm.

But you have no way of knowing if they have ever honored that claim. By the time the unit goes down, it will have been to long to hold the seller to anything per ebay/paypals policies. Once the completed auction goes beyond a certain period the seller doesn't have to do squat for you. Not worth the risk.

hey quarky

I read some guy's story on this forum and it was basically a nightmare scenario. Radio didn't work after little while and like year later after sending it back and TONS of emails he was no where. I've learned through having a few bad experiences like that, you can't put a price on peace of mind. But you are right that is a good deal and even if it does break one day pioneer i think charges a flat $250 to repair it

I got my unit from ebay for around $800 brand new and the guy included the original Al & Ed's sales receipt. I've talked to pioneer just to test this out already (obviously not mentioning the ebay part) and they did not have a problem. To me this isn't that big a deal anyways since a year goes buy pretty quick and my gut tells me if it does break it will be after a year anyways :lol:

So for less than $20 more one of the sellers has a feedback history back to 2004 and they offer to honor the 1 year warranty. With that large of a feedback rating going back 6 years, I'm not too worried about the vanishing. If it does go out in the first year then they take care of it... I think $70 for 4 more years of warranty is definitely worth it... $1150 including 5 years of coverage.... hmm.

Hey quarky,

Everyone one has the right to decide what works for them. The fact remains that buying from an ebay store or un-authorized stores voids warranty from Pioneer.

If I can buy additional warranty for 70 dollars then for 1170 I will have 6 years for warranty , 1 from Pioneer and 5 years from the other source. I think the additional 20 dollars is well worth it.

All of the pioneer's authorized dealers have been around for much longer than 2004 and have established car audio business with a huge customer base.

There have been some very smart / cheeky ebay dealers who brought a bunch of Z110BT from al-eds when Pioneer had the 200 dollar mail in rebate on those units. Used multiple addresses to collect the rebates and are now selling the units on ebay for a profit of 100 dollars.

As always the age old adage holds good Buyers beware.