AVIC411.com

The bypass would not have anything to do with it. It fades front to rear ok?

No actually there is sound from all 6 speakers but when i put the fade thing all the way to the front there is no sound if that makes a difference.

You either have a defective unit or an install issue. What are the speakers wires from the unit directly connected to?

I will try to take pics tomorrow but the wires from the unit, the ones that are like grey and grey white etc are connected to the harnesss wires that correspond to them, grey and grey white etc.

I do not remember hooking up an output speaker wire and I looked up my harness info and there doesn't seem to be any wires that correspond to that.

And where does the harness go to? A factory amp or straight to the speakers?

Harnesses connect to the car power and speaker wire main plug in the dash. I didn't have to run any wires, all i had to do was connect these adapters and then solder the wires and for the most part they were color coded to match the pioneer unit's harness.

That's what I have been saying. Something is wired wrong. I bet it's your wiring harness. That has to be your problem...

I don't understand i've talked to others with these cars and they don't seem to have a problem. I will certainly take it out tomorrow for another look and double check my connections but i am almost positive I connected everything correctly and properly. What would the fade a specific issue I could pinpoint? Basically my car setup is 2 tweeters on dash, two in the front doors, and two more rear ones behind the passengers.

is there an output sound wire that RCA one? because i didn't connect any of the RCA wires period but i didn't think i had to. To me that kinda makes sense since how does the unit send out system sounds. This was pretty close to the wiring setup I followed the only difference is that second adapter pac-swi-ps

post-43284-12872762435468_thumb.jpg

ok further testing shows that yes when I fad all the way to the front i get no sound, all the way down sounds no different than if the fad was in the middle. The left and right seems to work and it effects all the speakers on that side including the rears. I am going to take out the unit now just thought i'd do another thorough check.

In the interest of thoroughness here is some pictures maybe you guys can't point out where I messed up because it looks ok to me but i'm no expert

http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/hh25 ... ic-z110bt/

Thanks again guys for your help and advice I appreciate it

You probably did wire everything correctly, but it's the harness that's screwing things up.

From PAC's website on the CR2-CHY4:

"In Premium Amplified Systems only two input channels can be used from the aftermarket radio, therefore there will be no fading capability of the aftermarket stereo."

You probably did wire everything correctly, but it's the harness that's screwing things up.

From PAC's website on the CR2-CHY4:

"In Premium Amplified Systems only two input channels can be used from the aftermarket radio, therefore there will be no fading capability of the aftermarket stereo."

great... got to be kidding me that all the research i've done... i'll give you a dozen forum topics about people using this unit and installing it my type car and nobody mention this being an issue?!?!

So that explains the fading which is not a big deal to me but the two inputs which would be in and out i'm assuming? Of course i can't call either pioneer or pac since no support on weekends

Well think I've figured it out. Apparantly the factory amp only listens to the rear speakers. So someone on my car forum suggested since the fad was not working in the front and thats where the voice guidance etc comes from to reverse it. So i took the rear speaker wires from the adapter and plugged them into the corresponding front wires of the Head unit and it worked. I have not even tried to hook up the front speak adapter wires to the rear wires of the HU yet. Do you think that will make any difference?

• 4 weeks later...