AVIC411.com

Night Map Pic on X920

Hey Everyone,

I just got the X920 installed and love it, but last night i realized the map wasnt chaging to night display. Can someone please post a pic of what the map looks like @ night? Does the color just dim or is there a night view with stars or something. I tried to search for a map view at night with no luck. I had the unit professionally installed and want to see if its makes enough of a difference for me to take it back and have them open everything back out again and obviously connect the illumination wire that they neglected to install.

It does not change automatically. The headlights have to be turned on to get the map to switch to night mode. The unit can also be set to always display in night mode in the settings.

Ok, I will have to take it back to the installer. On the X920 there is no option at all for night mode. Only Automatic and Day.

• 3 months later...

Sorry for reviving this old thready, but does anyone know if this unit has auto night/day mode by time, and not by headlight switch? I like driving with the headlights on in the day but don't want the unit to go into night mode.

Yes, I can set it manually but "auto" is the key. My Kenwood DNX5120 auto switch by time. I tried searching to no luck.

• 3 months later...

Hey Everyone,

I just got the X920 installed and love it, but last night i realized the map wasnt chaging to night display. Can someone please post a pic of what the map looks like @ night? Does the color just dim or is there a night view with stars or something. I tried to search for a map view at night with no luck. I had the unit professionally installed and want to see if its makes enough of a difference for me to take it back and have them open everything back out again and obviously connect the illumination wire that they neglected to install.

Hello folks, I had this same problem so I called the install shop and asked them if they hooked up the Orange wire to the illumination circuit, their reply was "we normally don't hook it up because not a lot of people use it" is that crazy or what? I took it back and had them hook it up, it works like a charm I just wished that you could see the map still, like the little Garmin I have.

• 4 months later...

what about those who have daytime running lights? Or like me, i have my lights on at all times! i would like a setting that switches between the two based on time of day. or a hybrid setting that is visible day or night. i seem to

remember my trusty old D1 was great night or day!