AVIC411.com

AV Source Shortcut

Is there any way to add the ability to have a shortcut right to the AV Source screen while on the map? The only ways to get there currently that I'm aware of is to press Menu>Source from a map view or press the tile in the upper left while on a source.

Well, actually you could, but it all depends on the nav skin that you are using.

If you are using Abb's (A/V) or IDT's mod, the bottom line of the map screen contains text describing the current audio source and title; if you click on it, it will bring you to the A/V screen.

Well, actually you could, but it all depends on the nav skin that you are using.

If you are using Abb's (A/V) or IDT's mod, the bottom line of the map screen contains text describing the current audio source and title; if you click on it, it will bring you to the A/V screen.

True, but what doabbs was looking for was a direct route to the screen you would get if you hit the upper left-hand corner (current source) in the A/V screen, so a different source may be selected (the menu with iPod, USB, SD, HD/XM, etc). That would probably require another iGo command like

EXEC "other.pioneer.postmessage" "Av" ""

where would be the as-yet-unknown argument to tell AV.exe you want it to take over the screen and go to the source selection menu.

Thank goodness for steering wheel controls and the "source" button. Might take a few extra presses, but I never have to look at the unit while I'm driving to try to hit the microscopic buttons Pioneer gives us for some tasks... :D

Thank goodness for steering wheel controls and the "source" button. Might take a few extra presses, but I never have to look at the unit while I'm driving to try to hit the microscopic buttons Pioneer gives us for some tasks... :D

A small toy of $100 with installation ... I got one too and appreciate it. :wink:

Wow, thank you for the excellent responses, makes sense. I can live with the two button presses, if someone ever figures out what the exact command is that would be awesome. In the mean time, these 3.0 MODS are really nice, thanks to everyone who spent the time and effort on them. Can't believe I stayed on 2.0 for so long.