AVIC411.com

Using Droid for music...

I want to use my droid to play music through my z110bt. Blue tooth does not work that great. Will it work if I use the usb cable and unplug the ipod interface? or should I get a standard 3.5 cable and run it in that way?

Any setting to make any of this work? I hooked up a 3.5 and plugged in and got no sound from my droid but no sound from stereo either. Do i need to set it to aux or something?

I ditched my iPhone last week for the MyTouch slide (Android 2.1). When plugged in via USB, I get the message "The USB Memory cannot be used on this device" - or something to that effect... Not sure if that may have something to do with the type of memory in the phone (32GB SDHC card) - I know the phone looks like a thumb drive on my PC...

Bluetooth is well integrated, and works nicely...

• 3 weeks later...

okay, I went back to trying to get the bluetooth to work and I get a message that says "try making the connection from the phone first" or something like that.

is there an order I need to pair these in? should I delete the droid then re-add it from the phone side?

I am thinking this shouldn't be this hard but apparently something is not happening correctly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

okay, I went back to trying to get the bluetooth to work and I get a message that says "try making the connection from the phone first" or something like that.

is there an order I need to pair these in? should I delete the droid then re-add it from the phone side?

I am thinking this shouldn't be this hard but apparently something is not happening correctly.

Go into the Z's bluetooth settings and delete the phone. Then make sure that buletooth is turned on in the Droid. (Check under wireless settings.)

Then go back on the Z and tell it to connect to "phone and audio" and the two should link up. Select Bluetooth for the audio source. Fire up your audio player on the Droid and it should start streaming to the Z. On my i1 I have no control over the droid from the Z. I also don't get any information (song title/artist) on the Z's display. My i1 also doesn't work when connected to the USB. Z claims the storage is unsupported yet it works fine on my Pc using either Linux or W$. The droid will charge from the USB port so you can use it to stream like a radio station of old. Just enjoy the music.

You cant delete paired phones from the BT settings screen. You have to do a full reset on the unit.

If you don't know what you're talking about please refrain from posting your worthless drivel.

Click on Bluetooth. Click on connected devices Click on disconnect. Then click on pair. Click on Handsfree and Audio.

As to disconnecting a Bluetooth device check out page 66 of the manual. No need to do any reset.

No he's not! The OP of this thread has a 110 and page 66 of the manual for the 110 has nothing to do with deleting paired phones on that unit. It does for the 120 but that proceeder will not even apply if there are not five paired phones on the unit and even then it wouldn't work as described on the 110. The only way to remove a paired phone on these units is to do a reset. And that is the only solution if the paired phone does not work properly and even then that may not do the trick.

No he's not! The OP of this thread has a 110 and page 66 of the manual for the 110 has nothing to do with deleting paired phones on that unit. It does for the 120 but that proceeder will not even apply if there are not five paired phones on the unit and even then it wouldn't work as described on the 110. The only way to remove a paired phone on these units is to do a reset. And that is the only solution if the paired phone does not work properly and even then that may not do the trick.

In the words of Steve Martin, "Well excuse me".

Sounds more like the pot calling the kettle black.

It's on page 82 of the 110 manual and you still don't know what you're talking about.