AVIC411.com

Can someone write a Pandora App for the F90-BT?

Seems that since the Pandora app works on my iPhone plugged into the F-90 and since Pioneer now supplies a unit version of Pandora in their new series, that some enterprising person out there would write/copy over an app for the F series that adds the Pandora app to the screen.

I'd buy it and I bet lots of others would too!

For the time being, I dont think that this is possible. The reason is that the Main/AV part of the AVIC is hard coded, meaning that all we can change is the images but not the script. The NAV section is a different story as the scripts for it can be altered, but not the AV/ Main part of the AVIC. Maybe one day this can be changed, but for the time being, it is pretty much impossible. Also, the AVIC with its meager 2 GB of flash ROM is pretty much at its limit and would not have the space to incorporate such a program

I came here looking for the same thing. Maybe since we can't hack the Avic we can hack the iphone instead? There is this app on Cydia called Music Controls which lets you control Pandora (and other apps) using the built in iPod controls, and even using iPod docks and headphones with the iPod button. Essentially this app tricks the iphone into thinking the music is being played by the ipod app. All the commands that are supposed to be sent for the ipod app are routed into Pandora and vice versa. Unfortunately the controls from the Avic don't work with Music Controls.

http://forum.tipb.com/iphone-app-announ ... cydia.html

It seems like it would be possible to expand this Music Controls app to work with the Avic and other devices like it. Essentially the song playing in Pandora would show up as what is playing on the iPod screen of the radio, and the controls would control Pandora. Now I have no idea how Music Controls is written but maybe some people here have some iPhone programming experience and could help out. For what it's worth I found these pretty helpful websites that detail how the dock connector controls work:

http://courses.cit.cornell.edu/ee476/Fi ... index.html

http://www.ipodlinux.org/wiki/Apple_Acc ... 8Mode_4.29

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can make Pandora work with my iphone 4 with iOS 5.0.1.

You connect via ipod and your need to select the radio station on the phone. Then you can skip to the next track on the HU. You will get the album art, artist and other info as if it was stored on your ipod. I will make a quick youtube video and post here soon.

I can make Pandora work with my iphone 4 with iOS 5.0.1.

You connect via ipod and your need to select the radio station on the phone. Then you can skip to the next track on the HU. You will get the album art, artist and other info as if it was stored on your ipod. I will make a quick youtube video and post here soon.

And you are do this with an F series?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also have an F-90bt and an iPhone 4 running IOS 5.0.1 that shows Pandora art and track control through the head unit.

Have to start Pandora and select station through phone, but once it is running: art, play/pause, track up work great from AVIC screen.

No way to change stations or thumb up or down.

Very useful. I've been considering upgrading to a head unit with native Pandora control, but I think this functionality will suffice.

• 1 month later...

I have a F-700bt with an iPhone 4s running 5.0.1 and it shows the album art, fills out the track, artist & album from Pandora. Something must have happened with the new iOS that lets Pandora somehow be seen by the iPod app. What maxlax & Tenzig claim is legit I urge you to try it out yourself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...