AVIC411.com

Avic x920bt hid and audio cutting off issue

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been trying to help pioneer with the fix, ive given them every bit of information i can, and have spoken to neumerous tech people from there. They are trying to figure out what to do. Its gon

Posted Images

Whats the year, make, and model of the car? This question should have been asked befor everyone started jumping to conclusions

And how exactly will the relays cause the issues??? Your isolating the HID ballast away from the factory lighting system eliminating any possible feedback.

And I highly doubt the high frequency noise would cause the audio to shut off. If that was the case, the AVIC would never have been able to market to market due to the fact it wouldn't be able to pass FCC regulations for the ability to accept interference or create harmful interference.

Those of us with more then 6 post on here have already verified that relayed harnesses appear to cause the problem. We don't know why but eliminating the relays has fixed the issue for nearly everyone sense this issue was discovered. The make and model of the car is irrelevant.

Actually I think the issue is not caused as much with the relays as with wiring the HIDs straight to the battery. And that is what is done with the relayed harnesses. So the idea is to not power the HIDs straight off the battery as it appears to cause too much draw on the system which affects the unit.

Those of us with more then 6 post on here have already verified that relayed harnesses appear to cause the problem. We don't know why but eliminating the relays has fixed the issue for nearly everyone sense this issue was discovered. The make and model of the car is irrelevant.

Pointing out the fact I only have 6 post is irrelevant. I have over 10 years experience in automotive electronics.

Plus the OP also stated in the beginning his car DID NOT have relays.

Actually I think the issue is not caused as much with the relays as with wiring the HIDs straight to the battery. And that is what is done with the relayed harnesses. So the idea is to not power the HIDs straight off the battery as it appears to cause too much draw on the system which affects the unit.

A standard HID ballast peaks at about 20 watts when it first fires up. Once the capsules are illuminated, the actual current draw is less than 10 watts.

THATS LESS CURRENT DRAW THAN A STANDARD HALOGEN BULB

Look I don't know why it is the way it is. I just know that when I had the problem the only thing that fixed it was to eliminate the relays. Soon after, I started seeing other members post the same problem so I started asking about the relayed harnesses and everyone had them. I recommended removing them and wiring straight to the factory wiring and all but one out of about ten or so now have reported back that eliminating the relayed harnesses fixed the issue for them. There is also another person on here with many years of experience that has recommended rewiring the relayed harness but as far as I know he has no testing to show his method addresses the issue. This is what I know works so that is why I recommend it as a solution. By all means, if you can test and verify another and better method to address this issue, I am all ears and will begin recommending it. But please don't get on here telling us not to jump to conclusions when we have experience and a solution with this issue.

Whats the year, make, and model of the car? This question should have been asked befor everyone started jumping to conclusions

And how exactly will the relays cause the issues??? Your isolating the HID ballast away from the factory lighting system eliminating any possible feedback.

And I highly doubt the high frequency noise would cause the audio to shut off. If that was the case, the AVIC would never have been able to market to market due to the fact it wouldn't be able to pass FCC regulations for the ability to accept interference or create harmful interference.

2008 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax Crew Cab LTZ with Dual Batteries.

garageimage.php?do=full&p=117684

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't tried it since I do not have this problem with my OEM HID. Another option would be to get a timed relay like the DEI 528T (which is popular with bike owners that put HID) to delay when the AVIC gets ILL after a few seconds when the lights have been switched on.