AVIC411.com

Contacts order with iPhone 4

With the previous iPhone my address book would transfer the same as it was on the phone, first name first, last name last. Now with the iphone 4 it's doing it in reverse, last name first, first name last. On the phone I have my contacts as first name first. I switched it to last name first and did another transfer, but no change. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is an issue with Pioneer's software not the iPhone or the iOS. I'm using an original iPhone 2G with iOS 3.1.3 and before I update my Z110BT software to 2.0 I was able to sort contacts on the head unit the same way as the phone (First/Last). Since the upgrade to 2.0 the unit now sorts Last/First even though the iPhone doesn't sort contacts that way.

Had the same problem, tried entering last name in the first name column on iphone, and so on, thinking it would show it correctly on AVIC-F700BT, but still showed as last name, first name. So ended up entering ENTIRE name in the FIRST name column on iphone, leaving the last name, company, etc all blank. NOW WORKS PERFECT!! VR works PERFECT when i say CALL "so and so", as well as incoming calls actually show up as persons name, rather than UNKNOWN.

Spent hours on here yesterday, and took a little from each thread to try different scenarios. THIS WAS BEST FOR ME so i didnt have to edit any "software" etc.

HOPE IT HELPS FOR SOMEONE ELSE OUT THERE

I jut got a new android phone (Samsung Captivate) and my contacts are all jacked up now. Avic 700BT is dialing the wrong numbers when I hit the name on the screen.

If I dial a person from my phone, the call will go thru my speakers and avic mic, but the name on the avic says Unknown...drats!

The phone I had previous was the Samsung Eternity and it worked great/seamless with all of my contacts. The Eternity was a much older phone, so I thought I'd have no worries with the newer 2010 Captivate.

I wonder if the Captivate is like the iPhone4 in that I might need to put the entire name on the first name line?? I'm going to try this and let you know the outcome.

tcobizness74 Thanks so much for the info you posted regarding the iPhone 4.0 and contacts. I tried it and it worked beautifully. I didn't even know there was a problem until I tried to call my wifes cell. So i checked this site right away and I saw this post and changed all my contacts to one line. Thanks again.

DNGS403

UPDATE.........Well, my contacts are still jacked up.

I modified all contacts text to the first name line in the phone.

Sim Test

I took my sim card out, but that just greyed everything out on the phone screen.

Ext. Memory Card Test

I took the memory card out and tried downloading contacts again, but that did not do the trick either.

Anyone have suggestions?

OK,

I think figured out what the issue was. I had two contacts in my list that had extra characters in the number trail

ex: 314-555-5555,,12345#

I deleted those extra characters so the number shows normal

ex: 314-555-5555

Now the contacts are working normally and in sync with my Avic f700bt.

The reason I had those in my contacts list is that these are conference call numbers for my job and the numbers after the "," are the pass codes to dial into the call. Now I will need to enter the extra numbers manually. If I'm driving, this will be a pain. :-(

Verdict: So, it looks to me that the Avic f700BT only likes numbers of certain length???