AVIC411.com

Z110bt bypass problems

Just to start off with, ive bypassed quite a few 110's with absolutely no problems, this one is not going so well though :twisted: luckily this one is for an employee, so i dont have a pissed off customer sitting here every time i want to try something.

vehicle is an 05 H2. did the bypass same as i always do, worked great for 2 weeks and then started giving the improper connection message sometimes, other times just a black screen once you pass 15mph. after reading through numerous posts about people having the same issues, i tried reseating the pin, new grounds, a completely new pin that i pulled from the audio in rca, resetting the unit, and anything else i could think of. i know people are saying that the mute pin isnt making good contact, so i pulled the pin completely out, unplugged the rca harness, and just plugged the pin onto the correct corresponding pin on the back of the unit, still nothing. once you hit 15, it either throws up the message, or goes totally black until you slow back down again. i am completely at a loss on this one. i thought maybe i had screwed up the rca harness and was going to order a new one, but considering the pin plugged into the pin on the deck doesnt work, i cant imagine the harness is bad. anyone have any help on this situation??? thanks in advance.

pulled mute wire out of first slot, and installed into second slot. then i grounded the mute wire and the park brake wire to the radios ground wire. ive also tried using a second pin that used to be the aux-in pin in that same second spot, still with no luck. also tried 2 different ground locations, no luck.

how can i test the circuit? ive already bypassed the harness and gone straight to the connector with the mute pin, so i know its not the pin not making contact. and i know the pin is grounded, so how would i go about testing that circuit??? lets say the circuit is bad, do you know if the reverse input will work for a video input while driving, i know i used to do that with some of the older pioneers, and still have audio in??? i appreciate the help with this, i hope it isnt a bad circuit, not sure what the warranty proceedure is on an accomodated radio.

i know people are saying that the mute pin isnt making good contact, so i pulled the pin completely out, unplugged the rca harness, and just plugged the pin onto the correct corresponding pin on the back of the unit, still nothing.

ive tried reseating that pin a million times, even tried a new pin. i finally just plugged the mute pin directly into the radio without the rca harness even plugged in, so i know at that point it is getting a good connection, still doesnt work.

In Navi Settings->Connection Status

Does it say your parking brake is on? (This would be verifying that you have a good ground point, hopefully).

My only idea was to suggest trying a chassis ground point, but then I remembered that menu.

Regardless its either a connection issue or a bad unit. Just swap the unit in your shop and see if the problem goes away. if it does then you know you have a bad unit. If it doesn't you know you have a connection issue, regardless of how many times you have checked it. Surely as an installer this isn't the first ghost you've seen. Warranty should be the same for an accommodation.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having a similar problem. I did the same bypass (moved the MUTE wire one pin over and ran it and the Parking Brake sensor to ground). Every time the unit is turned on, an error message is displayed indicating that the system has detected that the parking brake wire is not connected correctly. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Ken

OK, here is what I tried: I ohmed out the MUTE pin to make sure it was getting good ground and it was. Then I applied a little bit of dielectric grease to that pin on the head unit and VIOLA! The problem is gone. It must have been a bad connection because the MUTE pin WAS insterted allthe way. At any rate, it apprears that the problem is solved. WHEW!

Thanks for the help,

Ken