AVIC411.com

F500 2010 Maps CNSD-250FM

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I found the USA AVIC-F500BT map upgrade initially on the Pioneer website for $120.00.

It was also available on the Krutchfield.com website $40.00 off.

I never bought it and now krutchfield no longer has it.

It is the USA 2010 map upgrade for the AVIC-F500BT.

I really need the upgrade but I don't want to pay Pioneer the full $120.00

IT mentions the upgrade adds functionality enhancements as well as map upgrades.

Also available on Amazon.com for the same $120.00..

I work for a Pioneer distributor in northern NJ & I can't get a deal on this. :-(

The Pioneer website has the 40 page booklet available online for your convenience.

Peace Out...

Mike B from NJ...

Just spoke to a Pioneer reseller here in the UK who can supply it for £169.99 + VAT!! That's more than I paid for the F500BT itself! :shock:

Is there anyone out there who has installed it? Is it worth it?

Quote from the UK Site

Highlights include:

- The latest Tele Atlas maps, loaded and ready to go:

coverage of 9 million kilometers of road in 44 countries (including ‘connector’ roads for 9 countries).

- Easier junction navigation

See immediately which lane you need to be in at a junction: signposts immediately appear on-screen, with the lane of your route highlighted for easy and safe guidance.

- Even better visibility

All our NavGate screens are anti-glare, but our new software includes an additional feature which improves the on-screen contrast – particularly useful when driving in bright daylight.

- New ‘Heading up’ feature in 2D:

This new feature allows you to be guided on-screen with your car’s direction always proceeding to the top of the screen. An alternative view would be to have your screen selected at ‘North up’. This gives you greater flexibility in how you prefer to be guided.

- Faster touch panel response

With each successive year, our engineers strike to make features better and faster. This software will make the on-screen reaction to your commands even quicker.

Regards

StalkS

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
I have to aggree with the op, US myself.
Also agree. I have looked time and again for info on the F500BT (US) and find little. Rolling eyes does nothing helpful; a non-post is more helpful, thanks.

I C Pioneer, in a link above, has an update for my unit which is different from the other 'F's; possibly answering one of my questions. The latest US update (250) is $99. I am guessing that the 'A' SD is an OS update; 'B' is new maps, like other versions.

I'd like to do some of the hacks, but find little or nothing on what is compatible. The FAQs are of no help.

Does anyone (helpful) know if the Version 3 is included in te aforementioned upgrade from Pio; or if other sources are compatible with the US F500BT?

Thanks in advance.

We were all new once; I am a veteran in many other things, not this.