AVIC411.com

SD card not reading at all

i just install my x920bt unit, everything works except the sd part of it. The sd slot doesnt read anything at all, i formated to fat32, fat, but nothing shows up, no songs, no updates.

when i inserted nothing happends, what am i doing wrong?

i use 2 different cards, sandisk 2gb and samsung 8gb.

does it only reads hd sd cards?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Same problem here. I installed mine about a month ago. Just recently tried using the SD slot once I saw there was a firmware upgrade. Decided I better try it out using the Sandisk mini-SD out of my phone. The unit doesn't recognize my card at all.

I called Pioneer CS. They said the card has to be formatted to FAT16 or FAT32. So I checked that last night. It is formatted to FAT32. I called them back today. They said the Avic only recognizes JPEG,BMAP, MP3, .wav files, etc... I checked the pictures from my phone on the computer and it says they are jpegs. Apparently, if none of your files are in one of those formats on the card, it won't recognize it. But mine are and it still doesn't recognize it. I don't know what the problem is. I hope somebody figures out an easy fix. Pioneer CS doesn't know. It would be hell to take this thing back out of my vehicle again. Doable, but I wouldn't want to have to remove it over this!

You have to figure, a lot of people still don't own mini-SD cards yet. There are probably thousands of these units out there with the same problem but people don't know it yet because they don't own a mini-SD to try it. I will admit though that thankfully, this is the only problem I've experienced with this unit. The NDC-BD4 backup camera works great. The GPS and Ipod functions are awesome. Just no SD.

I should mention that if the card is in and I push eject, the eject option does come up on the screen and the SD button on screen is NOT grayed out. You can select it but that is the extent to which it recognizes an SD card. I plan on writing Pioneer about this problem soon because this is not an isolated incident.

UPDATE: I just got this in my e-mail from Pioneer CS. I have not tried this yet and am not around the vehicle so I DON'T KNOW YET if this will work. But sounds promising. I do have videos on the card but they may not be the right format so it may not show up. This is interesting....

"Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc. You state that you have jpegs images on the sd card. Is that the only content on the SD card? If the answer is yes then in the av source option the sd card source will never appear.The SD source only appears if there is either music or video files on the SD card. When only jpegs image files are stored on the SD card in order to import a jpeg as a splash screen you go into the system settings menu and choose splash screen. There will be a button on the bottom right hand corner of the screen labeled "Select for SD". This unit DOES NOT do slide shows. Thank You, KevinCustomer Service Representative"