AVIC411.com

Not all Contacts Sync with iphone 4 4.0?

So I just realized that the unit is not syncing all my contacts on my iphone 4 4.0 (note: I have yet to update my phone to 4.0.1)

Has anyone else noticed this on their Z110s? I can't tell the rhyme or reason for what comes over and what doesn't? Thoughts?

Is this an issue at all with the updated 120?

I believe the Z automatically transferrs your CONTACTS and not your FAVORITES. i do not have an iphone but we had a customer a few weeks ago that had most of his numbers stored as FAVORITES and only 3 numbers stored as CONTACTS. those 3 CONTACTS transferred fine but the others did not get pulled over.

Just throwing that out there in case that is your situation as well.

That doesn't apply to the iPhone as you have to have the number stored as a contact before it can be a favorite. As I remember, he had an Android phone.

Yeah, you're right. That customer had the Motorola Droid, not the iPhone. My mistake.

I have an un updated z110 and a 3g that was updated to 4.0.1 and No contacts transferred that were new since the update (this also meant no avic feeds through the bluetooth) I downgraded my phone back to 3.1.3 and it works again. I called both Pioneer and Apple, both say it should work. I was told from pioneer to do the following: (I HAVE NOT DONE THIS) tell phone to forget the BT connection and power down (leave off). When the pioneer is powering up hold down the mode and left arrow at same time until it prompts you for "user interface clear" or something like that. Reset the Head unit like that then re pair phone and HU and it should work. NOTE you will lose all of your sound settings on HU. Let me know if it works, I might re upgrade my iphone.

• 1 year later...

I have an un updated z110 and a 3g that was updated to 4.0.1 and No contacts transferred that were new since the update (this also meant no avic feeds through the bluetooth) I downgraded my phone back to 3.1.3 and it works again. I called both Pioneer and Apple, both say it should work. I was told from pioneer to do the following: (I HAVE NOT DONE THIS) tell phone to forget the BT connection and power down (leave off). When the pioneer is powering up hold down the mode and left arrow at same time until it prompts you for "user interface clear" or something like that. Reset the Head unit like that then re pair phone and HU and it should work. NOTE you will lose all of your sound settings on HU. Let me know if it works, I might re upgrade my iphone.

I have the same issue. Try to clear and reset the Z unit, did not help; only my favorites are syncing between my Iphone 4S and the Z110BT...