AVIC411.com

Parking Brake Bypass w/AVIC U220

Hello all ... a newbie here .... Well I bought the Pioneer AVH-P4300dvd with Bluetooth and Navigation .... I have the Pac TR7 and a relay I have the diagram to wire both for the life of me I don't understand what wire I connect the green wire from the Pac TR7 to? .... there is no Wiring diagram that came with the unit .... I have a blue/white wire that says remote on switch ..... I do not have a solid blue wire for amp on???

Can anyone please help me to get this all sorted out without me blowing my unit up ! :)

Thanx in Advance :)

Brian

Got the answer .... the Blue/white wire :)

Brian

Edited by Boomer
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all, hopefully I'll get a Reply soon, but I just Bought the Pioneer AVH-P5200BT, with Optional Remote and AVIC-U220 and although I haven't gone about Installing anything yet, because I'm having A LOT of Issues with taking my 4-Seat-er Turbo Convertible apart, lol, I did already Buy the Nice Looking Brake Bypass Harness from ebay, because I didn't know about the Navigation Unit Cancelling that all out till now, but here's the thing, if I Buy the PAC TR7, will I still be able to use the Relay Bypass Harness I got off ebay to Wire it all up like in the Diagram, or did I Waste my Money on the ebay Bypass, again, keeping in mind, it wasn't until I saw Comments on YouTube about the Brake Bypass not Working with the Navi, so?? Honestly, it's starting to Sound like it would be A LOT Easier and A LOT less Hassle to just Connect the Parking Brake up, but with my Car, the Parking Brake Wire is IMPOSSIBLE to get to, so I thought this would be easier; however, I guess not?? :-(

I put my Car in A LOT of Auto Shows as well, so I thought this would be Cool and all, then again, during the Shows, my Car will be Parked, so I dunno if it's Worth Spending the extra $20.00 on the PAC TR7 if I can't Wire it up with the Brake Bypass I already have from ebay, so I dunno, but any help from those who Wired this all up would be WONDERFUL, Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

James C.

I've also been Reading about a Code that can be put in to allow Access to the Sub-menu of the Head Unit, so that the Parking Brake can be Shut Off Permanently; however, it seems that People who know and have this Code aren't willing to share it, so I dunno what to do and I need Replies IMMEDIATELY, because I really need to get this all Installed this Weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

No, not a "total" bypass - I haven't come across anyone who's been able to bypass the accelerometer. This just fixes the video issue which is good enough for me right now. From what I've seen so far, the only functions that are unavailable when going over 10mph are some settings and anything requiring you to type on the keyboard. These functions do come back when you slow back down though, so when you stop at a light, even if the functions had been locked out, you can use them again.

Just a side note, I went through the rediculous process of updating the AVIC U220 with the POI's you get for registering and found out (through trial and error) that your SD card MUST be formatted as FAT32, not NTFS. The nav unit would not recognize my NTFS formatted card at all!

Hello,

I just want to know, can you do a phone call in your installation without slowing down the car?

If not, maybe its a good thing to do a convination of both installations....a switch to turn off the navgate and the TR-7 install.

What do you think?...Only in case that you cannot use the unit like it works with the relay bypass.

Thank you very much!.

This is how I wired up my 3200DVD, 5-pin relay, and PAC TR7:

TR7 Feature – #4 (Double-pulse)

TR7 Red – Accessory

TR7 Black – Ground

TR7 Blue – Relay pin 86

TR7 Green – Stereo amp turn on lead (blue)

Relay pin 87 – disconnected

Relay pin 87a – Ground

Relay pin 30 – Stereo parking brake lead (green)

Relay pin 85 – Ground

Relay pin 86 – TR7 Blue

I tried simply grounding the brake wire, didn't work. i tried a 4-pin relay to delay the parking brake ground, didn't work. I tried the TR7 with the 4-pin relay to double-click the brake/ground, didn't work. The 5-pin relay was the trick that allowed me to reverse the signal. So where the 4-pin relay started ungrounded and went ground-unground-ground-unground, the 3200DVD didn't like being left ungrounded (thinking the parking brake was off). Using the 5-pin relay's 87a pin made the signal start as grounded, then go unground-ground-unground-ground. The 3200DVD thought the parking brake was on, then off, on, off, and ending up back on.

I hope this is found useful.

• 1 month later...

So quick "noob" question here, I have an AVH-3300BT...I'm not so concerned about video just navi (I just ordered the AVIC-U220). If I buy one of the automatic bypasses from ebay, will I still need a toggle switch, or can I still utilize all of the normal functions under 10mph?

• 1 month later...

i have a pioneer-avh3200bt that has a bypass to watch movies while i drive.

i installed the navi add on yesterday and realized that when the navi started with the car it reactivated the brake sensor, disabling the ability to watch movies while the car was moving. so i had to make another bypass switch.

I noticed that if i started the car with the navi unplugged and then plugged it in, I could watch movies and have my navi features while the car was moving. so i made a on and off switch for my navi unit.

now it works like a charm! {thumbup}

I am going to try this way since I need a quick solution by next week. Question...with the switch, did you just put it between the yellow wire on the Nav Unit. Also, so with this switch, if you leave it in the "NAV ON" position then shut the vehicle off then back on, I assume the video will not work. However, while the car is on and you flick the switch "OFF" then back "ON" will the video work?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. There is a bypass on eBay and it works perfect with no programing. Its an integrated circuit this installer built and its less expensive and smaller then a tr7 and relay, and has a simple 3 wire hook up. Search for "AVIC-U220 Video Bypass" on eBay and it will come up. They sell it on microbypass.com too.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Group. I just found the forum and am happy to have found you, but sad to have read what I just read. I just installed a AVH-3300BT and AVIC U-220 in my 95 Corvette. After install I quickly realized that the Parking Brake bypass relay was needed. So I made one from a relay I bought at an auto parts store. Simple enough I did mine just like others in this thread have shown. Although this gives some function to the DVD ability the real issue I want to resolve is the navigation function. After reading this thread I see that that may not be possible. At least currently. I have to say that this is a huge disappointment in this system.

What is Pioneer doing taking control of how I use a product that I paid for. I know it is some BS liability issue. I'm so disgusted with this I'm tempted to get rid of the whole system. I usually travel with my wife and she is able to search the Garmin while we are on the road. Very disappointed that they took a fantastic system and crippled it with this BS. Sorry for announcing myself with such a negative post, but I'm very unhappy. Just in case you missed that.

Anyway I'll be around the forum, looking for other bits of help with my system.

Hopefully someone will figure a work around soon.

Ron

I did the AVIC-U220 bypass with a AVH-P5200BT. Here is a diagram of what I did. The colors correspond to the AVH-P5200BT but the wiring is still the same for other models (in case the colors are different)

I realize i'm rezzing an old topic but why do you have the PAC wired to the constant 12v and draining the battery 24/7? It should be wired to the red ignition wire not the constant. If it's wired to constant then how will it know when to turn on and initiate the countdown?

EDIT:

You know what nevermind. I started thinking about it. You should be using the blue power antenna wire which starts the timer AFTER the headunit starts up. :)

Red = Ignition

Blue = Power Antenna

Yellow = Constant

I think the color of your lines confused me ;)

EDIT 2:

No...Checked the diagram again and you are using the constant 12v yellow line from the vehicle to your PAC. It would be a lot easier and safer to use the ignition since it will not cause a drain on your battery.

Turn key to ign-> PAC starts up and sees input trigger voltage and initiates countdown. It would still essentially work the same way just without draining your battery with the car off.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I got one from http://microbypass.com and it works. I got the tr-7 first and it was complicated to program. the one one i got from microbypass.com and it was about 1/10th of the size and it had a really easy hook up with no programing. It looks like this:

DSC04536.jpg

This is the avh/mvh model, then the AVIC-U220 Model, then a standard relay for size comparison:

DSC04537.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi. I got one from http://microbypass.com

and it works. I got the tr-7 first and it was complicated to program. the one one i got from microbypass.com and it was about 1/10th of the size and it had a really easy hook up with no programing. It looks like this:

So let me get this straight...did you use the one from Microbypass INSTEAD of the bulky bypass relay and it solves both problems of watching DVDs while driving AND watching DVDs while driving with the AVIC-U220 connected? If so, I already have the bypass relay installed so I can watch DVDs...can I install this little unit in addition to the relay or do I need to take out the relay and just install the one from Micorbypass and it will solve ALL my problems?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OK, first post here, and don't kill me for bumping an old thread.

I just bought the AVH-P6300BT. I couldn't care less about me (the driver) watching videos while driving...I don't..I like to drive. I am more concerned about having to do the parking brake dance when stopped, just so I can dial out. When I want to view videos, I'll stop but again, I never use the parking brake in the first place so doing the dance is just plain dumb. I don't live in the mountains!

I got this unit as the better half...well...she hates playing with what she calls "guy menus"...she wants large icons and simple for the Sirius and the radio. With the 1.5 din opening...I have little choice but to look at a 1 din unit.

Anyway, does anyone know if the U220 kills the bluetooth/handsfree operations when under motion? Do I need the brake bypass still with the U220?

Sorry for all the questions, but if this is going to be a PITA to install, I'm going to send this back and get the DEH-80PRS and keep using my Magellan Roademate 7" with bluetooth...and it even has the b/u camera...yes the install is on the windshield and the phone quality is OK, but there is no screwing around... I have lifetime maps...and voice dialling...

• 8 months later...