AVIC411.com

Install Problems. Help

I've succesfully install my Pioneer Avic z1 with these addon

Bluetooth adapter

Xm Navi

Ipod interface

Deq-P8000

Axm-p8000

The only problem I have is the engine whine. It's really loud and unbearable. I'm upgrading from a DD kenwood monitor. So I don't think it's a problem with the ground on the amps. I can't figure out if its a ground loop problem or EMI problem. I didn't have any noise problem with the kenwood unit. I'm thinking the noise is comig from the processor or the processor controller.

Thanks

there has been some talks about if you dont ground some amplifiers and then try to power up the headunit that the amp will try to pull the ground from the rca's which in turn blows some sort of fuse within the z1. Make sure you have a good ground, NOT multiple ones. things like paint and dirt can make a ground not so good. For the fuse idea, apparently pioneer has to fix it and it takes 2 + weeks reading from others posts about this.

I installed the 07/06 update with an october z1 but it didn't work

After the install I still got the "parkiong brake improperly connected/installed error screen" and the navi as well as dvd play does not work while the car in motion? please help what should I do

You need to do the two ground bypass described all over this site if you have an october unit

After the install I still got the "parkiong brake improperly connected/installed error screen" and the navi as well as dvd play does not work while the car in motion? please help what should I do

You need to do the two ground bypass described all over this site if you have an october unit

I think that's what he means by the 07/06 update.

http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html

The reason you are getting the parking brake message is there is a problem with your connection in connector 2.

You can try resetting the Z1 with the recessed button to the right of the eject button and that will get rid of the parking brake message. Make sure stuff works while parked. If you then start moving and you get locked out again, then it IS the fact that the wire in connector 2 you need to ground is NOT GROUNDED. I don't know what the problem is, but check that wire, you are missing something. Either it's not connected to anything, or you didn't shove the terminal end all the way in, or it's not in the right location... it's one of those.