AVIC411.com

Microphone

I used to have an AVIC-N3 and a separate parrot, that parrot sounded MUCH better than the one built into the X920BT. Everyone tells me that they hear way too much background noise and I'm too muffled. I'm going to buy an adapter and try connecting my old parrot mic to see how it sounds and will report back. I'm guessing the problem is a cheap mic with no noise cancellation.

The included mic DOES have noise canceling. That's what those 'gills' are on the sides. The vocoder is in the front facing part and the rear slots are for the noise canceling. Now if the head unit doesn't have the software to deal with what the mic is sending it then that's once again a Pioneer issue, not a mic issue.

I used to have an AVIC-N3 and a separate parrot, that parrot sounded MUCH better than the one built into the X920BT. Everyone tells me that they hear way too much background noise and I'm too muffled. I'm going to buy an adapter and try connecting my old parrot mic to see how it sounds and will report back. I'm guessing the problem is a cheap mic with no noise cancellation.

The included mic DOES have noise canceling. That's what those 'gills' are on the sides. The vocoder is in the front facing part and the rear slots are for the noise canceling. Now if the head unit doesn't have the software to deal with what the mic is sending it then that's once again a Pioneer issue, not a mic issue.

I know that the mic looks like it has noise cancelling, and maybe it even does, but it seems like it's executed poorly. As I said, I'm going to connect my old mic to the unit to see if its any better. This will tell us whether its the mic's quality or the unit's. I've purchased low quality noise cancellation headsets for cellphones and just because they have the 'gills' doesn't mean they have effective noise cancellation.