AVIC411.com

I have an idea...can anyone help???

A while back i was invited to tell the people from pioneer what i thought about the avic d2...we sat around the table and spat out opinions for an hour or two and then when we were leaving, one of the tech guys came out and asked us if we wanted to know how to disable the gyro sensor without damaging anything internally. He basically explained that all you need to do is run a short length of wire from the empty slot on the power harness (it's the only one...20 total and 19 are filled before you do this). Pretty easy...and pretty awesome. Now i can run the nav full scale without having to pull over and can have the movie playing too.

Anyway...here's my question; if it worked on the avid d2, has anyone tried it on the avic z1? i'm dying to know what the harness looks like that plugs into the back of the unit itself. If my hunch is right, there should be a blank spot on that too that will allow you to run a short ground wire and thus effectively bypass the gyro sensor. Can anyone post a picture of the male side of the harness that plugs into the back of the unit??? Thanks...
No open slots in the harness. Was the first thing everyone checked when the Z1 came out

[quote name="kilr xterra"]A while back i was invited to tell the people from pioneer what i thought about the avic d2...we sat around the table and spat out opinions for an hour or two and then when we were leaving, one of the tech guys came out and asked us if we wanted to know how to disable the gyro sensor without damaging anything internally. He basically explained that all you need to do is run a short length of wire from the empty slot on the power harness (it's the only one...20 total and 19 are filled before you do this). Pretty easy...and pretty awesome. Now i can run the nav full scale without having to pull over and can have the movie playing too.

Anyway...here's my question; if it worked on the avid d2, has anyone tried it on the avic z1? i'm dying to know what the harness looks like that plugs into the back of the unit itself. If my hunch is right, there should be a blank spot on that too that will allow you to run a short ground wire and thus effectively bypass the gyro sensor. Can anyone post a picture of the male side of the harness that plugs into the back of the unit??? Thanks...[/quote]