AVIC411.com

adding a Aux (pioneer z1)

A wile back my friend added a radio shack cable that went into my Input from the rear of my Pioneer z1 (see pict). I recently purchased a Apple Iphone4 and trying to use pandora from the headphone jack and it doesn't appear to have any sound at all. I tried to add a couple of other sources and still no sound? Any ideal what im doing wrong. i checked the settings on the unit and have an open line on Aux. Do i need to purchase another cable to get this working?

Thanks

88bcd50d.jpg

Are there two or three black rings on the plug that goes into the phone?

Correct 2 bands. Iphone4 has 3 white bands from the looks of it on the Oem apple designed headphones.

Yeah, you need one with three bands. I'm surprised this thing actually worked for you in the past, that isn't normal.

Are there two or three black rings on the plug that goes into the phone?

Correct 2 bands. Iphone4 has 3 white bands from the looks of it on the Oem apple designed headphones.

Yeah, you need one with three bands. I'm surprised this thing actually worked for you in the past, that isn't normal.

It worked from this method a wile back but it wasn't an iphone in fact the iphone first gen didn't work either. If i recall it was a mp3 type music player that worked and played but that's been a wile (2007).

This is what I like to do right now either figure out how to add a cable that would charge the iphone4 yet retain pandora (aux) and play music. It would play directly to the z1 (wired) aux any lead's????

This is what I like to do right now either figure out how to add a cable that would charge the iphone4 yet retain pandora (aux) and play music. It would play directly to the z1 (wired) aux any lead's????

Well thats easy, Apple Composite AV Cable. It will plug directly into the AV1 inputs of the Z. Also get a USB to Cigaret Lighter Adapter so you can charge the phone. Otherwise you need to get the proper AV 1/8" to RCA cable that has three rings on the plug if you want to continue to use the headphone output on the phone. Either of these solutions will solve your problem.

Also, it's not the "AUX" input. You need to use the source "AV Input". In the settings, set "AV Input" to "Video". The wire you have should work fine for audio. Standard "stereo" headphones with 2 bands will work on any iphone...

Thanks Garrett it works now :D I sort of had a feeling it was a setting issue just wasn't sure. I added the pax steering wheel control a few mo's ago and the settings went back to factory Pioneer so it might have changed that.

Erik