AVIC411.com

dialing extra numbers after a call has connected

With these units, when connected through Bluetooth, can you press extra numbers on the touchscreen, after a call has connected?

For example, you've dialed a call, connected, and then a recording says "press 1 for English", or "please enter the extension number".

Or, do you have to pick up your phone and futz with the handset for these extra entries?

I wonder if Kenwood can do this as well, or not.

I wish Pioneer update their software to include this feature. I use Google Voice a lot and would love to have this functionality on screen.

So is this true, aka you have a Z120 or X920? I tried this in my wife's VW today and it worked fine. Can't believe that Pioneer would be the company to NOT allow this dialing feature

really - no one has tried this except for a Kenwood owner :)

Pioneer just confirmed this to me in an email: after a connection has been established, the phone's keypad must be used for additional key entry, such as extensions, credit card numbers, etc. Their response mentioned pulling off the road. lol. In truth, that's probably a good idea. Nonetheless, Kenwood, Volkswagen, Caska and who knows how many others allow additional digit entry from the touchscreen.

Isn't that what "hands free" is all about?

Actually, it should all be voice activated, shouldn't it.

I've called Pioneer tech support too and insisted she pass this feature request and others to their firmware design team. She was like sure but couldn't wait to hang up my call. Hopefully, enough of us ask where they get the message and release some real updates to their firmware to fix some of these "flaws."

I've called Pioneer tech support too and insisted she pass this feature request and others to their firmware design team. She was like sure but couldn't wait to hang up my call. Hopefully, enough of us ask where they get the message and release some real updates to their firmware to fix some of these "flaws."

the impression I got from Pioneer tech support was "tough luck, loser - that's how we do it"

:(