AVIC411.com

Step by step update from z110bt to z120bt

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is awesome! I will try and update my 110 to 120 within the next couple of days. Quick question though: It seems that the 110 has to be a certain version in order to update it to 120. Could you guys please let me know if I'm good to go or I need another step in between to upgrade to 120. TIA :)

Platform Version: 1.001

Application Version: 1.000

Version: 01.0000

Bluetooth Firmware Version: 2.5

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ... I have successfully updated the firmware and copied SD1 to a new SD (formatted FAT32 as instructed) card and inserted it. The password is not taking at all .... no combinations that I have tried is working. Using letters only as instructed. I downloaded the torrent today and used winzip to unarchive the files ... Any ideas ????

Sounds like you didn't patch or install ShortFuse's hack correctly. If it was patched, you should be on version 1.002, if it wasn't correctly patched it will be v1.001. You need to be updated to 1.002 before installing V 2.0

After going through this forum topic and going through the entire update, I saw the need to modify these instructions. The instructions as written were mostly technically correct, but it is obvious from some of the posts that newbies were having trouble with some items.

The instructions are the same, but more detailed. Some minor errors were corrected as well (such as the bluetooth screens you will see when updating the bluetooth. The original says confirm the 2.50 version before it says hit the 'firmware' button, but you can't see the firmware version 2.50 UNTIL you hit the button....) I also added info like formatting SD cards in FAT32 default allocation size, as it does not mention the default should be used, and I informed users what a torrent file is, etc.

If you follow the below instructions exactly, this update will work perfectly.

Props to you guys SHORTFUSE THX Much

Enjoy..

None of this was my hard work it for sure took a team.

AVIC411 FTW

Download this file. Pioneer.Z110BT.Upgrade.Unlocker-ShortFuse.zip

Pioneer.Z110BT.Upgrade.Unlocker-ShortFuse.zip (26.51K)

(Look for this link in the opening post to this forum)

Be sure to know the location you are saving downloaded files.

Now Download this file from pioneer. 1.001000.zip

http://ds1.downloadt...re/1.001000.zip

Be sure to know the location you are saving downloaded files.

Now open up your c: drive and make a new folder called UPDATE. (Note, you can make an update folder anywhere you like, but for illustrative purposes we will put the folder on the c: drive. This folder is referred to as c:/update)

If you have not already done so, download the free version of winRAR. WinRAR is a program that will let you extract (decompress) ZIP and RAR files. Although the below zip files can be extracted with Windows or winzip, later in these steps you will need to extract actual RAR files, so just go get winRAR or another program that can extract RAR files.

Now using winRAR or a similar free application, extract (uncompress) the contents of both of the downloaded files into the folder c:/Update

You should now have one folder and three files now in the c:/update folder.

c:/update/AVICZ110 This has lots of files and folders in it.

and

c:/update/ Readme, EU090APL.VER, and RenewalIFLib.dll

(Note, the original instructions said there are two folders. My “shortfuse†RAR download did not extract a folder, just the three files. Yours may extract a folder holding the three files.)

Replace the file in the following location:

Replace c:/update/AVICZ110/EU090APL.VER

with this file from the short fuse RAR download

c:/update/EU090APL.VER

Replace the file in the following location:

c:/update/AVICZ110/APL/RenewalIFLib.dll Note: This file is in the APL folder!

with this file from the short fuse RAR download

c:/update/RenewalIFLib.dll

Format SD (Right click sd card under my computer and format) format in FAT32 DEFAULT ALLOCATION SIZE!!!!!! The card needs to be 4gb or larger to complete all steps!

Now Copy the folder

c:/update/AVICZ110

to the root of the SD card.

Lets say your sd card is j: drive.

You will now have one folder on the j: drive.

j:/AVICZ110 (Plus all the contents of this folder.)

Now insert the SD to your Z110BT and it should start updating automatically.

The installation screen will show 100% updated for at least 30 seconds. DO NOT SHUT OFF POWER or do anything but WAIT.

It will eventually say the update is complete, and then restart on its own.

Now how to do the update to os version 2.0

You must download and install a torrent application before the torrent file below can be used. A torrent file is a very small file that simply points a torrent program (client) to a larger file being shared on the internet. You install a torrent program, like bitcomet, and then you download and double-click on the torrent file, and then bitcomet will go find the larger file on the net and start do download it.

Below are clients for both mac and windows. You can use any torrent client.

BitComet. Google it.

Windows Utorrent client can be found here.http://www.utorrent....complete?os=win

Mac Utorrent client can be found here.http://www.utorrent....complete?os=mac

The update OS torrent file can be found here CNSD-110FM.rar (14.08K)

(Look for this link in the opening post to this forum)

If this file is no longer being shared (seeded) then you will need to search the internet or this forum for it.

Be sure to know the location you are saving downloaded files using your torrent client! Once you download it, consider leaving your torrent program running for a few weeks to seed this file for other users!

Once downloaded and extracted with winRAR you will have two folders that represent two separate SD cards. (You can do all this with one 4GB or larger sd card)

Once the torrent is downloaded you will have a folder CNSD-110FM wherever your torrent program saves downloaded files.

Open that folder CNSD-110FM you will see two more folders

SD1

and

SD2

Open these folders and extract contents with winrar to

c:/uploads/CNSD-110FM-SD1

c:/uploads/CNSD-110FM-SD2

(Note, you can extract the RAR folders to any directory you want. We’re just using c:/uploads for illustrative purposes.)

BIGGER NOTE: You do not have to extract all four of the RAR files in the SD1 folder! All four of these files comprise one RAR file. So just double click on the first one and extract it. When it is done, you are done with all four of those.)

Time for another FAT32 format

Format your SD card in fat32 default allocation size- right click on the sd card and select format under my computer.

Copy the CONTENT of the folder c:/update/CNSD-110FM-SD1 and put it on the root of the SD drive. Do NOT copy the FOLDER and put it on the drive, just the contents of the folder.

So lets say sd drive is j: drive it really could be any letter e: f: g: j: .. I don't know the driver letter for your SD card. ( You do have a SD card reader RIGHT?)

When you are done you will have two folders and one file on j: drive and they will be:

j:Firmware (a folder) plus all the content of the folder

j:Update (a folder) plus all the content of the folder

j:CARDINFO.cif (a file)

Now take the sd card and put it in the z110bt

This will start the upgrade and it will ask for serial.. just type ALL LETTERS until you can type no more.. (no numbers!) letters only! Then hit (ok). This update takes about 35-40 min. It will say 30 minutes, but will likely take a bit longer. The unit will reboot when complete.

Keep the SD card in the unit! After OS install version 2.0 has been installed, the bluetooth needs to be updated two times.

a) press the front panel (Home button) to display top menu.

B) touch (System… lower right corner)

c) touch (bluetooth settings)

d) scroll to bottom of list and touch (firmware update)

e) confirm bluetooth version is 2.50

f) touch (firmware update)

g) after finish (takes maybe 5-6 min) hit (ok) confirm 3.10 version is now on unit under bluetooth setting page

h) Now eject the sd card.

Do the below with a second SD card or format the existing sd card.

Copy the CONTENT of c:/update/CNSD-110FM-SD2 folder onto the root of the new or cleanly formatted sd card and insert the card into the z110bt (now a Z120bt!).

a) press (Home button) to display top menu.

b)touch (System… lower right corner)

c) touch (bluetooth settings)

d) scroll to bottom of list and touch (firmware update)

e) confirm bluetooth version is 3.10

f) touch (firmware update)

g) after finish (takes maybe 5-6 min) hit (ok) confirm 3.11 version is now on unit under bluetooth setting page

h) Now eject the sd card.

That's it.

Thanks, john, that should help the noobs. There were a few parts that were ambiguous. It is always difficult to write instructions that work for all skill levels. You have to assume some level of PC competence.

However, it seems many, if not all, of your links don't work (at least for me).

Plus I thought Pioneer removed the 1.0001 (or whatever) update from their web site. At least it was gone the last time I looked. I could be wrong, but that link didn't work for me.

Also a few warnings to those attempting:

1. These updates will require your unit to be operating for about 1 hr (or more). Be sure your car battery is in good condition and fully charged. It wouldn't hurt to connect a charger.

2. Make sure you know any "features" in your car that might shut off the power to ACC (like a timeout, or closing the door, or locking the doors). Some vehicles have these types of quirks.

3. Do not attempt to start your engine while an update is in progress. This will likely reset the AVIC and may brick you unit.

4. There is no way to go back to the previous version. Some people had misgivings about the new user interface. I personally don't care for it, but I also don't use Pandora. I like the old iPod interface better. Decide for yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried searching through this thread for the answer, but I just wanted to be sure of something before I updated to the 120.

In the very last step updating the bluetooth for the second time with CNSD-110FM-SD2, you say to copy the CONTENTS of the the folder itself. It is clearly outlined for the first bluetooth update when you say:

j:Firmware (a folder) plus all the content of the folder

j:Update (a folder) plus all the content of the folder

j:CARDINFO.cif (a file

So for the second step when you say CONTENTS would it be the entire "firmware" folder, the entire "BT" folder, or just the 3 files within the BT folder that need to be put onto the SD card?

Thanks for clearing up the confusion!

• 2 weeks later...

Will the "Pioneer.Z110BT.Upgrade.Unlocker-ShortFuse.zip" update work if the radio has already been updated to 1.001? I updated the radio to 1.001 a while back before ShortFuse had the unlocker out. Tried to upgrade to ShortFuses Mod and when I insert the SD card nothing happens.... I followed the instructions EXACTLY. Only 1 file on the newly formatted fat32 default allocated size SD card. I used 3 different cards and downloaded the file 3 timed from here. Any thoughts?? Thanks in advance.

I followed the instructions EXACTLY. Only 1 file on the newly formatted fat32 default allocated size SD card.

Hmmmm, just from memory, but that doesn't sound like the instructions. Should be the full 1.001 Pioneer update directories with ShortFuse patched files overwritting existing files. BTW, Shortfuse's patch can be done after the 1.001 update because he changed his version to 1.002 (I think). So it will overwrite 1.001.

Update: Just checked the ShortFuse Readme.txt:

-Download the v1.001 update from Pioneer.

-Replace \AVICZ110\EU090APL.VER and \AVICZ110\APL\RenewalIFLib.dll with the files included.

-Copy the AVICZ110 folder with the patched files to the root of an SD card.

-Insert the SD to your Z110BT and it should start updating automatically.

Hmmmm, just from memory, but that doesn't sound like the instructions. Should be the full 1.001 Pioneer update directories with ShortFuse patched files overwritting existing files.

Format SD (Right click sd card under my computer and format) format in FAT32 DEFAULT ALLOCATION SIZE!!!!!! The card needs to be 4gb or larger to complete all steps!

Now Copy the folder

c:/update/AVICZ110

to the root of the SD card.

Lets say your sd card is j: drive.

You will now have one folder on the j: drive.

j:/AVICZ110 (Plus all the contents of this folder.)

Now insert the SD to your Z110BT and it should start updating automatically.

Directly from john_tsouris post on 27 Feb 2011 @ 11:01 AM