AVIC411.com

Just got an Ipod Video for Xmas

and just to add to what sportsfan21 said:

No, there is no current iPod control that will allow you one simple option of playing music, video AND controlling your iPod.

No, there is no ETA (or any info yet) on resolving this.

I suspect that that new AVIC coming out with the integrated iPod control will not only control it fast (unlike the CD-IB1000II) but may just also play Video.

AVIC-Z1 due probably April or so...

Firmware update to Z1

apple video cable plugged into one of the AV inputs on the back of the AVIC should get it done.

Thats if you want video as well, and want to control the iPod from the iPod itself.

If you want just music and want to control the iPod from the Z1, then you need to buy the CD-IB100II.

Sure it is all speculation and rumor, but I also mean an update to the physical Z1, making it a Z2.

I called Pioneer and after a bit of small-talk I managed to get out of on e of the techs that there would be an update to my Z1 that would basically make it a Z2. He said that it would be downloadable and I could apply it myself. Still, I guess my hardware and the printing on the unit would say Z1, but it would esentially be a Z2. He also mentioned that there is a Map update from tele atlas that we should expect in 07.

AVIC-Z1 due probably April or so...

Firmware update to Z1

I think you mean you are speculating on the rumor about the Z2 in April, not Z1 :)

It's being treated as a A/V device (audio and video).

You can play music I suppose, but you will not have the iPod control from the headunit. You have to control it from your iPod.

apple video cable plugged into one of the AV inputs on the back of the AVIC should get it done.

So this should be enough? But I won't be able to play music, only videos?

Yeah I guess that is you're only real drawback.

IMHO it is ghetto having your iPod visible and having to look at it to know what playlist, genre, artist, etc. you want to listen to. Not YOUR fault buddy, just saying....

IF/WHEN they release a new iPod module (or whatever it takes to make it happen) that shows video and audio and lets you contorl your iPod, im a happy man

I don't mind having to use the ipod to control the music and video's. So this is currently the only draw back then, not being able to control the music and video's from the Z1. All I need is the Apple cable.
Yeah I guess that is you're only real drawback.

IMHO it is ghetto having your iPod visible and having to look at it to know what playlist, genre, artist, etc. you want to listen to. Not YOUR fault buddy, just saying....

IF/WHEN they release a new iPod module (or whatever it takes to make it happen) that shows video and audio and lets you contorl your iPod, im a happy man

I don't mind having to use the ipod to control the music and video's. So this is currently the only draw back then, not being able to control the music and video's from the Z1. All I need is the Apple cable.

I guess it is a bit ghetto. Lol. I'll have it hidden in the glove box, and just have it play through the whole playlist. Thanks guys, I am going to order the Apple cable today.