AVIC411.com

Steering Wheel control for 120BT

My Ford Escape steering wheel unfortunately doesn't come with the controls built-in, so I will have to get an external unit.

Does anyone know if the 120BT is compatible with specific steering wheels remote? Anyone has pics of this type of install?

Update: I actually found one here but not sure if it's compatible with 120BT: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_283 ... D-VC1.html

Search is your friend (remotes). I've got the PAC WRI (wired remote), PAC SWI (for steering wheel buttons), and Pioneer remote. While all the buttons don't work (VR etc - read the posts), it still adds more functionality than my stock 'vol', track, mode (VR). I like the thing... It's not perfect (remote has to line up with sensor - so when you are turning the wheel, it doesn't work), but nice.

post-43028-12872763255194_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the tips, but just wondering if you guys could confirm the model/name of the steering wheel remote? Is it the CD-SR100?

Update: great! I just saw the compatibility thread updated by Value42 to show that the CD-SR100 is indeed compatible.

I just put in a Metra Axess, which auto programs itself. it also works with more than one brand, so you can move it from car to car. also, it was $40 at amazon

Thanks for the tips, but just wondering if you guys could confirm the model/name of the steering wheel remote? Is it the CD-SR100?

Update: great! I just saw the compatibility thread updated by Value42 to show that the CD-SR100 is indeed compatible.

I just put in a Metra Axess, which auto programs itself. it also works with more than one brand, so you can move it from car to car. also, it was $40 at amazon

It cant be programed for VR however.

It cant be programed for VR however.

On the 920, the button on the unit is so BIG and easy to hit, it's almost not a worry if that function isn't on the steering wheel, at least it hasn't bothered me so far.