AVIC411.com

A2DP Bluetooth quality

I'm trying out my wife's blackberry bold 9700 with Pandora installed on it to play through the x920BT. We also use this same phone in her VW Jetta. In the VW, Pandora sounds great - full, rich frequency response. Through the x920 - not so nice - flat, squashed sound.

What could be the problem? is there a secret for quality A2DP linking between the Blackberry and the x920?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Did you get this worked out any better, cpk? My X920 will be here next week and I'm starting to get the ducks in the row for installation and what will work/not work. I've got a BlackBerry Tour 9630 and was curious if it will work with the X920's PandoraLink or not. I thought I saw another post where they could get sound, but nothing on the X920 screen.

Any update you could provide would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Tru

They are all correct. A2DP <> Pandora <> PandoraLink.

Like cpkdude, you can stream music sources over A2DP, assuming you have a device that can do so. However, as vblue42 points out, you cannot use PandoraLink with anything but an iPhone. pearltt appears to be streaming through an iPhone, which could support either generic A2DP streaming or PandoraLink.

Your BlackBerry will NOT work with PandoraLink.

Does that help?

The key here is Pandoralink and BT audio streaming have nothing to do with each other. You can stream Pandora over BT with any phone that supports A2DP but you can not use the Pandora interface of the unit with anything other then an iPhone sense it is designed to work with Pandoralink.

Got my questions answered - sounds like I could stream Pandora from the BB Tour via Bluetooth, but wouldn't have any control at the receiver. Not really worth it for me to do that.

It's pretty much FM, CD, and iPod for me - of which all I really use is the iPod

Tru

I'd be nice if Pioneer would ever develop Pandora Link to support other smart phones, but I pretty much know that is not going to happen

The problem is not with Pioneer in this case. The reason it works with the iPhone is because the iPhone has the most extensive and best control protocol over the USB dock connector. To my knowledge there is no control protocol over USB for the BB USB port which is crucial for the Pandora link control.

Ah, that makes sense. That would really kill it for me anyway, since I would not want to disconnect the iPod to plug in something else JUST To get Pandora Link to work (assuming I had an iPhone).

Now if there were a way to have two devices hooked up to the USB cable at the same time, that might have a little more value. Still don't know if I'd want an iPhone. Most people I know love the device itself, but complain about the mobile service with AT&T.

TRU