AVIC411.com

x920bt SD card breakthru! Update for anyone having trouble

I haven't resolved everything, but after an e-mail from Pioneer CS today, I've had a mini "break through" tonight with the SD card. They said if you only have jpeg images on the card, that it would not be recognized on the main screen or put an icon on the left side for you.

Some may already know this, but if you want to put on your own splash screen, you have to go to the main home screen (with the 3 large icons). At the bottom right corner is the settings button we all like to play with. Press that and go to "System Settings". In here press "Flash Screen". In there, you can select from the default ones or, at the bottom right corner you can "select from SD". I pressed the SD select button. Then it told me "No jpeg files are in /Pictures/ folder. Add jpeg image to folder.

So I took it out and looked at it on the computer again. I had no folder called pictures on the card. My Verizon phone had, by default, been saving all of my pics to a folder called "mypix". On the SD card, I simply created a new folder called "pictures" and moved one jpeg from my camera phone to it and one jpeg from my regular digital camera to it. Went back to the Avic and tried it again. No soft key on the left side obviously, but when I went back through the steps listed above, sure enough. Both pics' links showed up on the screen and were available to use for the splash screen. I selected each of them and both came up available to use. Very happy right now.

Hope this helps somebody out there.

You do know that the manual is pretty clear about where you need to put the images on page 164? including that you need to name the folder "Pictures"?

There's a reason folks say to read the manuals.

lol - it does help when you RTFM. I'm surprised at how many things have gone right with this unit in my car ... maybe it's because I actually read the book. dunno.

WOW! You guys are so smart and awesome. Too bad you couldn't have stepped in and responded to eveyrbody's questions on 3 different threads worth of people trying to figure it out!!!!!!!!!! Shame!!

Guess what!!?!?! I had about 10 different *install* manuals around when I was putting this in. My *usermanual* is gone. It's lost. I half wonder if there ever was one because I don't recall ever seeing it. Still have every other manual though, so it's a wonder how that one could be lost!! I do have the usermanual saved to my favorites.

I searched and looked around this forum for an answer and only found people with the same problem. I suppose if there was a sticky, I would have read it and not said anything. Every other damn thing you plug into the unit has a soft key come up. Strange that it can't do the same with an SD card but I guess that's life.

Sorry you wasted your time posting to this thread, a--holes!!!!!

WOW! You guys are so smart and awesome. Too bad you couldn't have stepped in and responded to eveyrbody's questions on 3 different threads worth of people trying to figure it out!!!!!!!!!! Shame!!

Guess what!!?!?! I had about 10 different *install* manuals around when I was putting this in. My *usermanual* is gone. It's lost. I half wonder if there ever was one because I don't recall ever seeing it. Still have every other manual though, so it's a wonder how that one could be lost!! I do have the usermanual saved to my favorites.

I searched and looked around this forum for an answer and only found people with the same problem. I suppose if there was a sticky, I would have read it and not said anything. Every other damn thing you plug into the unit has a soft key come up. Strange that it can't do the same with an SD card but I guess that's life.

Sorry you wasted your time posting to this thread, a--holes!!!!!

If only they had some sort of a place you could look things up like this, some sort of network of tubes or such, with a series of manufacturers posting manuals and documents in a common place for users to look up reference material... oh yeah, they do, it's the internet and http://www.pioneerelectronics.com has their manuals.

Sorry, but it gets to be a bit much when folks barge in and want answers without even looking for the information, forums are about give and take, they're not all about take take take,

life-before-google.jpg