AVIC411.com

BLuetooth Registration w/ Bypass?

I have successfully bypassed my unit and it works great! But i am having trouble getting the bluetooth to work. I can get into the Bluetooth Settings menu, but when i do everything is greyed out. I called pioneer and they said that i had to have the parking break enguaged before i could program a bluetooth device, but since I have bypassed the system i figured this might be taken care of........ any help?

Also, is there a way that I can dim the screen for driving at night?

Actually, the manual (Z110 - pg 158, Z120 - pg 167) says you can adjust the brightness, contrast, color, AND Dimmer.

"The adjustments of Dimmer is stored separately when your vehicle’s headlights are off (daytime) and when your vehicle’s headlights are on (nighttime). Dimmer is switched automatically only when the value of nighttime is lower than the value of daytime."

To get into the Picture Adjustment mode, "Press and hold the MODE button. Press and hold to display the “Picture Adjustment” screen."

Haven't tried this, but it appears that it allows you to customize the brightness for both daytime and nightime (based on the ILL sensor/circuit) display.

BTW, this question, and my response, are way off-topic. It doesn't even belong in the "Hacks/Mods" section.

Update: I just noticed that the OP did ask about brightness adjustment at night, so this wasn't technically "Off-Topic". However it isn't a hack/mod either, so that should have been posted in either the General or Problems/Troubleshooting forum.

There is no connection between the parking-brake bypass and BT, at least if done correctly. And even then, it would work with the parking brake set. So if you can play video on the HU, it sounds like the bypass is OK.

To be clear, are you saying that if you press HOME/SETTINGS, the "Bluetooth Settings" soft button is grayed-out? I have only seen this on a few occasions where I had just booted the HU and the BT hadn't initialized yet. I just waited a little longer and tried again. Have you ever been able to get into the BT Settings menu?

• 2 weeks later...