AVIC411.com

PS2 ON Z11OBT?

i would know how on the video part. now the outlet part.. would i strip the wire to the power cord and run it to the positive side of the battery?

That's definitely not the thing to do. U need an DC to AC inverter box to power up the PS2.

Sounds like what you want is an inverter. This converts 12V DC to 110V AC. Small ones are $25-$50. I don't know how many watts a PS2 needs. Probably 250-400w. Check before you buy an inverter. If you get one too low, it will not work reliably. Too high and you might drain your battery.

These inverters. especially larger wattage ones, can really drain a battery. No problem when the engine is running, but make sure it is switched off with the ignition. Most just plug into a 12V outlet. Some can also be hard-wired. If you hardwire into a switched circuit (instead of direcly to the battery), make sure it can handle the current draw.

You can get them at many types of stores. Like Walmart, hardware stores, home centers, auto parts stores. For a digital device, like a PS2, the quality of the sine-wave will be important. Some cheaper ones are not good for electronics. The AC wave form is just +/-, not a sine wave. Does a PS2 plug directly into the wall outlet, or does it have an external power supply?

Sounds like what you want is an inverter. This converts 12V DC to 110V AC. Small ones are $25-$50. I don't know how many watts a PS2 needs. Probably 250-400w. Check before you buy an inverter. If you get one too low, it will not work reliably. Too high and you might drain your battery.

These inverters. especially larger wattage ones, can really drain a battery. No problem when the engine is running, but make sure it is switched off with the ignition. Most just plug into a 12V outlet. Some can also be hard-wired. If you hardwire into a switched circuit (instead of direcly to the battery), make sure it can handle the current draw.

You can get them at many types of stores. Like Walmart, hardware stores, home centers, auto parts stores. For a digital device, like a PS2, the quality of the sine-wave will be important. Some cheaper ones are not good for electronics. The AC wave form is just +/-, not a sine wave. Does a PS2 plug directly into the wall outlet, or does it have an external power supply?

THE PS2 i have is the fat one its not a slim ps2. and i was told a 400watt inverter would work that plugs into a 12v outlet. this is the one they told me to get http://www.radioshack.com/product/index ... Id=4421871