AVIC411.com

2010 Ford Install?

Hello Everybody :)

New member here, found the forum from Vblue42's informative posts at youtube!

I have a new Z120BT being delivered early next week and will be installing in a 2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac with factory subwoofer.

Has anyone installed a Z series in a late model Explorer? I will be using Scosche's FDSR harness to interface the new GPS head unit to my old Ford radio harness. Can anyone give any advice or where to look for details on the wire splicing for this? Will also be interfacing a PAC SWI-ps and a backup camera a the sirius satellite tuner - hope I haven't taken on the impossible ? :? I am very adept at taking the truck apart but have NO experience with wire-splicing or auto electrics, hence my question here?

BTW, I am beyond excited about the unit - looks far better than the OEM navs from Ford!

Cheers, B3

Hi Vblue42 :)

Yes, I am installing a new Sirius tuner, antenna and the Sirius/Pioneer interface needed for the new tuner. May try to sell my old Ford Sirius tuner after my new install, might help subsidize the 'Pioneer Project'.

Thanks, B3

I installed the same setup in my '06 explorer and reused the factory satellite antenna for a cleaner look. The new sirius tuner was installed in the factory location (passenger side kick panel) and you just have to take the plastic cover off the end antenna cable to get it to fit. It snaps in 2 pieces so you can put it back to stock later if desired. I used the PAC C2R-FRD1 but the scosche looks to be identical - I wouldn't be surprised if the same manufacturer supplied both companies. I have a problem with my setup where turning the volume up loud with the sub enabled (with any music that has a decent amount of bass) will sometimes cause the adapter to reset which in turn drops the switched output to the avic and caused it to reset as well. I had the module itself replaced under warranty and the situation is better but still happens on occasion. Let me know if you have similar problems as I'm thinking about trying the scosche interface myself to eliminate the problem.

• 1 month later...
use a 7.5 k resistor inline with the amp turn on wire to prevent pops on turn on and off. jim

I used a voltmeter on the factory radio to see what the voltage was on the factory amp turn on wire....it was 5v, so I used a 5v regulator from RadioShack inline with the Z120bt amp turn-on wire and the turn on "pop" went away.

• 7 months later...

I used a voltmeter on the factory radio to see what the voltage was on the factory amp turn on wire....it was 5v, so I used a 5v regulator from RadioShack inline with the Z120bt amp turn-on wire and the turn on "pop" went away.

Absolutely the best solution to the Ford factory subwoofer pop. More information can be found here. http://www.sminntech.com/techai.html

Super easy to make and cost about $1.80.