AVIC411.com

Hey All, I picked up the new Rig w/ an N-3 installed from the dealer a few weeks ago.

I have a few questions.

When i shut everything off. No keys in the ignition, etc. The blue lights on the front panel remain lit and I hear the fan or the dvd spining.

Is this normal or is this hooked up wrong?

Also,

How far off is your nav system? Mine seems to be about 200 yards off track at times. It also creeps when I'm standing still.

Is this normal ?

Sounds like somebody fudged the install. Your blue buttons should shut off after removing the key from your ignition, then shortly thereafter, the screen should flip down into the deck.

As for your VSS wire, I'd imagine that someone hooked it up to your tachometer. It should not move as your vehicle is standing still. Go to the connections screen and listen to your pulses. They should not pulse until you begin to move, and they will start out slowly and with a slow tone. As you increase in speed, the tone will increase in pitch and will also increase in repetition.

If you are not competent in fixing the wiring yourself, send it to a shop to have them correct the wiring for you.