AVIC411.com

Predictive Text When Inputting Address....

Hello all.... thank you in advance for your advice and answers...

I recently purchased the X920bt for my dad's honda pilot but he's extremely unhappy with the new unit because of the lack of predictive text when inputting the street or city name. So for example, if he has to travel to Ochunawagublagablaga, NY and he doesn't know the exact spelling, a normal GPS would suggest or predict the city name: typing in O-C-H-U would display all cities starting with "OCHU". Or another example is typing in BROOKLYN each and every time, instead of the GPS predicting / showing "Brooklyn" after typing "B-R-O-O".

Is this a feature that has been removed or simply needs to be turned on?

Please help as this is a deal-breaker for my dad... and a pain in the ass for me..... Thank you!!!

After many hours of searching for the answer, I came across this post http://avic411.com/index.php?showtopic=27929, in which one reply states that AutoComplete / Suggestive Text is not available on the x920bt. It seems this feature was simply removed from this model for unknown reasons.

My new question is thus, can this issue be fixed in the future with a firmware upgrade or will AutoComplete / Suggestive Text never exist on the x920bt?

My experience has been that once you set the STATE, the unit retains that information and searches cities only in New York (for example). I have also found that you don't have to type out the whole name of the city (Ochunawagublagablaga). You can type the first few characters (OCHU) and touch OK and the unit will give you a list of cities (in the already-selected state) that match. This isn't quite as nice as a predictive behavior, but you don't have to know the exact spelling either.

My experience has been that once you set the STATE, the unit retains that information and searches cities only in New York (for example). I have also found that you don't have to type out the whole name of the city (Ochunawagublagablaga). You can type the first few characters (OCHU) and touch OK and the unit will give you a list of cities (in the already-selected state) that match. This isn't quite as nice as a predictive behavior, but you don't have to know the exact spelling either.

yup - that's how it works in California as well - I've never had to finish typing a name, just the first few letters.