AVIC411.com

avic-n3 DOA

As I'm a newbie to this site, I wish all those here a Great New Year.

I'm installing a N3 into a C5 01' Corvette. I had a AVH-P5700DVD before. After numerous calls to Kammy (the resident Guru) at the Pioneer help desk, we determined that the N3 a "brand new" unit is dead.

How many of you have had that problem?

I've returned to the original setup:

AVH-P5700DVD (Head Unit)

DEQ-8000 (Multi-Channel Proc.)

GEX-P900XM (Basic XM Receiver)

GEX-P5700TV (Basic TV Reciever)

ND-BC1 (Front and Rear Cameras) I'm the worst parallel parker...LOL

TS-CX7 (5.1 channel speaker)

CD-R5 (IR Remote)

Alumapro 5 Farad Pro Cap with relay

JLAudio

450/4 Amplifier

1000/1 Sub Mono Amplifier

XR653-CS (Front) Component

XR650-CX (Rear)

VR-075CT Front Top Pillar

10W3V2-D4 10" Subwoofers (3)

post-3349-12872751435705_thumb.jpg

Do you have a power supply so you can try it outside the car? Make sure the yellow rgb cable isn't damaged because the N3 won't turn on without it connected

I connected the red and yellow (with those blue resistors) to the (+) battery terminal, the black wire to the - (neg) of the battery and grounded the unit.

I got no response from the display, yet, I did see the spark of applied current.

I also removed the theft deterrent front. I noticed the blinking security light. I then replaced the theft deterrent front back on to the unit, but it still didn't work.

Spoke with Kammy, he said it's defective. I asked him if he would back me up with returning it to the vendor, which he replied "yes" he would. Just in case the vendor won't take it back as defective, I can still contest the charge with Pay-Pal.

I also installed it in the car after checking the current to the blue connector and plugged in the hide away unit as well. upon doing that the unit didn't even have a blinking light until I removed the hide away unit's main cable (yellow plug in).

Thanks for the help though, I'll just have to post a map on my dash to find my home, for now...LOL

I had a similar problem. I bought mine on line as well. It was new and from a 'Pioneer dealer'. Everything worked after I installed it but it would not play discs, not DVD,CD, or nav. Pioneer said it was broken. This too was a 'brand new' unit. I sent it back to the guy i purchased it from who was going to replace it with a new unit. However, I had pulled the sticker off the bottom to bypass it and so he would not warranty it. Its costing my $200 to fix. Sucks, thats what I get for pulling the sticker off.

Shawn

• 1 month later...

" got no response from the display, yet, I did see the spark of applied current."

That is a bad sign. Check to see if you didn't blow a fuse when that happened. Usually you arent supposed to see those. To be safe, did you disconnect the battery before trying this? It is a really bad idea to connect it with the battery on as you can spark and blow a fuse.