AVIC411.com

Possible Iphone charging/av cable?..

Just wondering if anyone has tried this Isimple IS76 audio-video/charging cable with a Z series HU?.. It has to be connected to a 12V power source in order to charge the 5V Ipod/Iphone version devices, but that should be simple enough. I'm going to try connecting it to the A/V Input RCA's in hopes of keeping the phone charged while getting audio and video from my Iphone4 to the head unit. I'll post an update when I get it installed.

Cable Link 1 <<---

Cable Link 2 <<---

D

Just wondering if anyone has tried this Isimple IS76 audio-video/charging cable with a Z series HU?.. It has to be connected to a 12V power source in order to charge the 5V Ipod/Iphone version devices, but that should be simple enough. I'm going to try connecting it to the A/V Input RCA's in hopes of keeping the phone charged while getting audio and video from my Iphone4 to the head unit. I'll post an update when I get it installed.

Cable Link 1 <<---

Cable Link 2 <<---

D

It should work just fine, but you wont be able to control the Ipod from the head unit. You will not get any display except for videos.

You will not get any display except for videos.

Thanks for the reply Garrett... I figured this would be the case. I knew I wouldn't be able to control it from the AVIC, but I was kinda of hoping it would display the ipod screen even when I wasn't playing a video... oh well, at least it'll charge it.

D

Thanks for the reply Garrett... I figured this would be the case. I knew I wouldn't be able to control it from the AVIC, but I was kinda of hoping it would display the ipod screen even when I wasn't playing a video... oh well, at least it'll charge it.

D

I just bought this iPhone Adaptor to add to the end of my ipod (CD-IB100II) cable. I'll let you know how it works. I find the CD-IB100II slow in operation, but at least it works. This way I'll be able to charge the iphone as well.

• 3 months later...