AVIC411.com

Noob questions AVIC-X920BT !

Just ordered my Avic x920 and waiting for it to ship.. I'm pretty excited, i ordered the ipod cable to but i wanted to know what else is needed for proper installation/use (I have a 2001 Audi a4) - If that makes any difference ?

Would you guys recommend a first timer in installing an aftermarket head unit to try this installation ?

-Mike

Hey mike you need at least 2 things

#1 Double din bracket and new front face plate bracket. This comes together in one package.

You get them from metraonline.com

#2 You need also the wiring harness that plugs into your car's audio/power ports to give you cables that you eventually have to connect to the Avic's wiring harness.

You can also get them from metraonline.com

Neither of those come with your AVIC system.

Correct, they both look like the right ones (at least according to their descriptions).

Will i still be able to do a proper working installation just without the radio working and add the antena wire in a week or so?

well if there is no antenna adapter, then it will not be a "proper working installation" but more of a "unprepared rigged installation", but the unit will work except for the radio(since thats what your really asking) or you can just go out to a store and buy one and do it right the first time and not have to do the work twice