AVIC411.com

AVIC Z1 Upgrade/Bypass

I bought the CNDV-1000HD Upgrade Disc to upgrade my AVIC-Z1, installed originally Spring 2007. I vaguely recall the installer putting in a $10 toggle circuit that toggled the illumination wire power three times at boot up to put it in demo mode so I wouldn't have to stop and apply the emergency brake to dial/navigate. I got the upgrade installed just fine, but now it wants me to apply the emergency brake to get anything done. I've read the posts about grounding a wire to eliminate that problem, question is do I need to try to find/identify the old hack ckt or just leave it alone?

Thanks

ajdillon

UPDATE; Performed the two wire update, appeared to work for a while then I started getting the Park Brake Warning Screen and lock out. Thought I might have a problem with the second wire ground, so I checked it, still no joy.

Went so far as to remove the lower right corner of Connector 2 and manually place ground wire on the lower rightmost pin before replacing the connector, still no joy.

BTW, pulling power from the Z1 shut off the back up camera, took me a while to figure out how to get it turned back on.

Any suggestions would be gratefully acknowledged.

ajdillon

Unfortunately that's exactly the error that you get when that second wire is not hooked up and not grounded. Those are the symptoms. You said you checked them. But I would really double check them.

I think I saw this in another thread but is it true if you install this update the 2 wire bypass still works? I haven't done it on mine. But if others are having joy then it's got to be something with the 2 wire bypass. If you are getting the parking brake error, that's grounded. But that second wire is either not grounded or the software is not looking for that wire to be grounded. Usually when we updated these with older updates which removed the old flash your headlights bypass and then went to the 2 wire ground bypass, pressing the recessed button on the front of the unit would kick this into working.

Unfortunately that's exactly the error that you get when that second wire is not hooked up and not grounded. Those are the symptoms. You said you checked them. But I would really double check them.

I think I saw this in another thread but is it true if you install this update the 2 wire bypass still works? I haven't done it on mine. But if others are having joy then it's got to be something with the 2 wire bypass. If you are getting the parking brake error, that's grounded. But that second wire is either not grounded or the software is not looking for that wire to be grounded. Usually when we updated these with older updates which removed the old flash your headlights bypass and then went to the 2 wire ground bypass, pressing the recessed button on the front of the unit would kick this into working.

Hit me with another 2x4, finally located and pressed proper reset button and all appears well

ajdillon